UKBouldering.com

Climbing gear half price (Read 4415 times)

grimer

• forum hero

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#1 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 12:18:19 pm
The Mrs got me a skins L/S top yesterday for 25 squid. It's not Accapi but it'll have to do.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 12:26:16 pm
Going through the website it indicates that the 50% offer is only available in-store....

...Sheffield branch had sold out of all BD Camalots by about 09:20 when I got there (with the intention of grabbing a 00 and 000  >:()  They still had a few WC technical friends when I left.  I heard someone mention there had been queues outside waiting for the store to open.

Still, got me Stanage & Burbage, Millstone & Beyond guide books at half-price (just missed the last Roaches copy) and got a GriGri and some large WC nuts.  :thumbsup:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#3 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 01:16:57 pm
Going through the website it indicates that the 50% offer is only available in-store....

I just got 50% off online.  :shrug: All I ordered was fingertape and chalk, though (should see me through the year!). Postage is £5 so not as good a deal if you don't spend much.

The Beal static rope for 82p/m is a seriously good deal. I wish it'd been available for that price when I bought mine.  :'(

psychomansam

• forum hero
#4 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 01:25:41 pm
bye bye money

hello half price metolius stomp!

You can buy online though there is now sod all left. Some guides, fingerboards...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#5 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 01:27:25 pm

I just got 50% off online.  :shrug:

Cams are restricted to in-store only (e.g.).  Shoes, ropes, cord and some other gear aren't.  No belay devices listed on the site, nor crampons/axes either.

RAK Punter

• Trusted Users
  • regular
#6 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 01:32:05 pm
It's not Accapi but it'll have to do.

That's ambition unlimited completely screwed then.

psychomansam

• forum hero
#7 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 01:44:29 pm

I just got 50% off online.  :shrug:

Cams are restricted to in-store only (e.g.).  Shoes, ropes, cord and some other gear aren't.  No belay devices listed on the site, nor crampons/axes either.

They were, they've just ran out. Quite impressed how quick the site automatically takes down sold out items...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#8 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 01:54:32 pm
They were, they've just ran out. Quite impressed how quick the site automatically takes down sold out items...

All the website is is a front end to a database which will have the stock levels, as a transaction completes, deduct one from the number in the database, when stock hits zero, prevent page from being linked.  No little mathematicians/web-programmers doing the sums in the background, just a sensible and well designed web-site.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#9 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 02:31:53 pm
I just scored the last pair of Miuras from the Sheffield shop.

Still a few bouldering pads in the shop when I left 30 mins ago.

Loads of copies of Alain Robert's With Bears Hands on the shelves. I got one for Jasper's next birthday - along with a Jingo Wobbly guide to the bars of Canal Street.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#10 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 02:37:35 pm
Loads of copies of Alain Robert's With Bears Hands on the shelves. I got one for Jasper's next birthday - along with a Jingo Wobbly guide to the bars of Canal Street.

:lol:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#11 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 02:41:01 pm

All the website is is a front end to a database which will have the stock levels, as a transaction completes, deduct one from the number in the database, when stock hits zero, prevent page from being linked.  No little mathematicians/web-programmers doing the sums in the background, just a sensible and well designed web-site.

Woohoo, that means my copy or Rock Athlete will be in stock.  It doesn't show up under books but do a search and it's there at half price.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#12 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 02:41:44 pm
What pads did they have, Lagers?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#13 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 02:48:38 pm
I definitely saw a Metolius Stomp and a taco style pad (Black Diamond I think). There was another pad similar size and shape to the Stomp, but not Metolius (Black Diamond maybe?)

Also some Rab bouldering chalk bag things for £7.50

edit
just looked at a cached page from GO website and am pretty sure that the pads were Meto Stomp, BD Drop Zone and BD Impact

gremlin

• stalker
  • Ripped, but still shit!
    • Java shit
#14 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 05:39:10 pm
Just got back from the store in Wigan. They've still  got a good selection of most things but the 'binners section was looking a little depleted.

Got two pairs of boots, a book and a life time supply of chalk, all for £75  ;D

iain_cbr

• addict
  • Weak lanky wannabe
    • A Ponderer's Ramblings
#15 Re: Climbing gear half price
January 04, 2011, 07:09:07 pm
Well I've just put the kids to bed and got the lap top out for some online bouldering and fuck me. There's a sale on and I can't get to it. Kids. Grrrrrrr.
Anybody fancy nipping out and picking me up a pair of miuras?!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal