UKBouldering.com

Moroni does hard trad in Italy (Read 2236 times)

Tommy

• junky
Moroni does hard trad in Italy
December 10, 2015, 10:39:43 am
Saw on Facebook with a video etc that Gabri had done a pretty spicy new line in Aosta. My guesswork is (after watching the video) around E9/10 for how hard the top section is and how run out it is.... Video makes it look not great, but I bet it is.

Info from his social media:

Every climber has various phases during his/her own career...
During the years, I guess I faced different mental aspects of climbing, from dealing with the pressure on a hard sport/bouldering project to staying focused during a World Cup final...
Now, after almost 20years of climbing, I have a better knowledge about my physical and mental abilities so I feel like I am "mature" enough to be more confortable on big, bold and scary climbs...
Yesterday, after 4days of work, I managed to climb this incredible "Clean" piece of rock in the Lower Aosta Valley! Born from the vision of my best friend Enrico Baistrocchi(@enricobaistrocchi ) who got very close to do the first ascent 10years ago but then got stopped by a huge fall on the same route with various consequences...
This thing is about 15meters long with a first 6c part to get to the only place to put protections... A nut and two micro cams. From here you follow a perfect line of edges and pinches following an impressive arete. From the gear to the top it's non stop climbing for 6meters with some sketchy and technical moves at about 7B+ boulder...

Can any post his instagram short vid on here? Or is that not possible to link?

Duma

• forum hero

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#2 Re: Moroni does hard trad in Italy
December 10, 2015, 11:44:20 am
I love him.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal