places to visit > conditions reports (isitgreasy on twitter)

Snow proof probs list

<< < (2/12) > >>

SA Chris:
Go Snowballing in Northumberland. Most crags are only a short walk from the A1 :)

willackers:
I had ruled the County out because I know how bad it has been there, do you think it would be worth trying?, what crags do you think would be worth giving a shot?

Cheers

T_B:
I've not been out to the Peak, but I would have thought that the main roads are OK, so venues like Froggatt/Gardoms/Rivelin should be a decent bet. Don't know about Ringinglow though. Depends what vehicle you have. My mate's got a Fiat Panda and it's like being in a 4x4. Amazing.

SA Chris:

--- Quote from: willackers on December 03, 2010, 10:42:17 am ---I had ruled the County out because I know how bad it has been there, do you think it would be worth trying?, what crags do you think would be worth giving a shot?

Cheers

--- End quote ---

Not sure TBH. Would have thought the road from Belford to Wooler is a pretty major one, so they should have kept that reasonably clear so you could access Bowden and Walk to BB. Parking on the verge may be challenging though. A shovel would be a good idea to clear parking places if nothing else. Some local knowledge might be useful, try posting a seperate thread.

cofe:

--- Quote from: T_B on December 03, 2010, 10:16:35 am ---Happy Campus at Rivelin takes some drainage. Went up there last winter and it was wet, though Cheeks n Beaks to the right was probably doable.

--- End quote ---

Was going to say exactly the same thing. HC is right on the drainage line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version