UKBouldering.com

New area at ingleton dry wall (Read 1960 times)

ju13

New area at ingleton dry wall
November 25, 2010, 10:32:46 am
hey has anyone been to ingleton climbing wall since the new roof and woodie have been put up in the bouldering area. Just got back for a session there, i used to climb there alot when i worked 10 mins away but just been back for the firt time in  a while and there have been some fun changes going on. The old grey resin wall is down and replaced with a roof section covered in circuits to get you dripping and there is a woodie stashed above it, my tendons are aching just thinking about my next visit. has anyone been to kendal since the rebuild work there?

chris_j_s

• menacing presence
#1 Re: New area at ingleton dry wall
November 25, 2010, 11:10:03 am
Yep, I have a season pass at Ingleton (sept to april).

As there is only a small space for bouldering the changes are very worthwhile and have made a big difference. Although I enjoyed the circuits through the roof I would hardly describe it as covered in circuits - there were only 2 when I last visited.

Ingenuity points go to Alan for a cunning use of space to build the woodie on top of the new roof! It is something I definitely plan to make good use of this winter.

Back in September I asked for some circuits to be set to improve the usefulness of the wall (and to stop me spending ages making up my own which inevitably have to change as individual problems get taken down) and since then there have been a few put up including a nasty looking crimpy 8a circuit (makes my finger hurt  just looking at it!). As mentioned, the new circuits on the roof section are good but what I would like to see now is a few circuits in the f7's as everything is either <= f6c+ or f8a.

I have also been to Kendal since the changes. The new Bouldering areas are only a small section of what will be available when the expansion is complete but they do improve Kendal as a bouldering venue. The new green room has some excellent angles and problems (the problems are being reset very frequently at the moment) but can get a little cramped and IMHO needs some ventilation as it seems to get a bit hot and greasy.

ju13

#2 Re: New area at ingleton dry wall
November 25, 2010, 04:12:31 pm
i shall have to go chck out kendal wall some time, could be worth a play on a cold day.

ferret

• forum abuser
#3 Re: New area at ingleton dry wall
November 28, 2010, 03:11:56 am
vote to move this thread mods

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal