UKBouldering.com

Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies (Read 19816 times)

boulderliverpool

Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 17, 2010, 05:15:14 pm
In January we will open one of the largest bouldering centers in the country two stops north of Liverpool Central Station.  We will be creating a buzzing and exciting bouldering environment catering for all abilities with loads of angles from slabs to a 7m roof and everything in between.  We need people who are fully psyched for bouldering and keen to be part of a small, committed team who will help create the best indoor bouldering environment for our customers.

You will have high standards of professionalism and want to be an active part of creating a brilliant working environment for yourself.  You will enjoy talking to other climbers and have a non-judgmental approach to their perspective on climbing.  We aim to reward this kind of person with a managerial team where your input is a key part of how we develop the centre. 

We will be holding interviews from November 29th until December 5th.
Email CV’s to: boulderliverpool@gmail.com
Or send them to: 6 Birchall Street, Liverpool, L20 8PD   FAO Ged MacDomhnaill
Please contact Ged on 07792772680 for more details.

VACANCIES

Part time duty manager:

Dependable and organized person required to fulfill managerial responsibilities in the bouldering centre.  You will have experience of being responsible for specific roles within outdoor/leisure/retail industries such as cash handling and key holder.  You will have excellent customer service skills and enjoy working in a closely-knit team.  You will have a professional approach to work and be keen to help make our centre one of the best in the country.  You will be vital in maintaining professional standards in the operation of the centre in terms of staff performance, safety and customer experience.  As a leisure industry, you will be required to work some evenings and weekends.  As a new business, the demands on the staff will change as the business grows and your role may change so flexibility is an important quality.

Salary and opportunities for progression will depend on the individual and what they can bring to the company, but will be competitive.

Desirable: SPA/CWA/16 hr HSE First Aid

Benefits: Free climbing, trade deals on climbing kit/clothing and the chance to be a key part of growing a new business with the potential to create your own job role.

Full time coach:

Full time Climbing Coach required to help design and deliver exceptional coaching services to our customers.  Patience and empathy are essential as is an excellent understanding of climbing movement and training methods.  You should be happy to work with all ages and abilities and be able to quickly build rapport. You will also have to cover general duties within the centre when not coaching.  Critically, you should have climbed outside extensively and have a deep passion for climbing, its culture and be dedicated to helping enrich peoples climbing experience.  Climbing coaching as opposed to instructing is still very young in the UK and the systems we develop will be aimed at setting national benchmarks so you must be prepared to constantly reassess what we do in an effort to drive the standard higher and help create a professionalism and respect for people who can coach climbing.  It is a tall order to try to carve out a professional niche for climbing coaches who are not/have not been sponsored.  As in other sports, the emphasis will be on expertise in pedagogy as well as climbing movement expertise.  As a leisure industry, you will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Benefits: Free climbing, trade deals on climbing kit/clothing and flexible hours.

Part time coach:

Part time Climbing Coach required to help design and deliver exceptional coaching services to our customers.  Patience and empathy are essential as is an excellent understanding of climbing movement and training methods.  You should be happy to work with all ages and abilities and be able to quickly build rapport. You will also have to cover general duties within the centre when not coaching.  Critically, you should have climbed outside extensively and have a deep passion for climbing, its culture and be dedicated to helping enrich peoples climbing experience. As a leisure industry, you will be required to work some evenings and weekends.

Benefits: Free climbing, trade deals on climbing kit/clothing and flexible hours.

Two part time general duties members of staff:

Friendly people with a love of bouldering required to be the face of the centre.  Often on reception or serving brilliant coffee, you will be the customers first point of contact and make them feel welcome and at ease.  Being able to chat is a key skill here, remembering names and faces and making people feel like they belong to a community.  You should love bouldering and have a good knowledge of the problems in the centre so you can help our customers make full use of the facility.  We would like to train the right people to deliver coached sessions expanding our team of skilled staff, your CV and wage!

boulderliverpool

#1 Closing date for applications
November 18, 2010, 02:46:05 pm
Hi all,

due to a human brain error I only forgot to say when the closing date for job applications was didn't I?  Silly I know.

Sunday November 28th midnight.  So get cracking and fire in some CV/personal statement type combos.

Ged

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#2 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 18, 2010, 03:17:10 pm
Banner advert to follow shortly

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#3 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 18, 2010, 09:07:17 pm
giz a job like.

Good to see it's all well underway now.

Was going to pop my head in on the way to work this week but heard that there is a bout of lurgy floating about the place... so to steer clear till next week! Make sure you infect Hoppo so he gets schooled at the cave even more next week  ;)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#4 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 18, 2010, 11:05:55 pm
Good luck with the wall and everything but please stop using American spellings - you are a bouldering centre not a bouldering center   :'(

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#5 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 19, 2010, 12:21:41 pm
In January we will open one of the largest bouldering centers in the country two stops north of Liverpool Central Station.  We will be creating a buzzing and exciting bouldering environment catering for all abilities with loads of angles from slabs to a 7m roof and everything in between.  We need people who are fully psyched for bouldering and keen to be part of a small, committed team who will help create the best indoor bouldering environment for our customers.

You will have high standards of professionalism and want to be an active part of creating a brilliant working environment for yourself.  You will enjoy talking to other climbers and have a non-judgmental approach to their perspective on climbing.  We aim to reward this kind of person with a managerial team where your input is a key part of how we develop the centre. 

We will be holding interviews from November 29th until December 5th.
Email CV’s to: boulderliverpool@gmail.com
Or send them to: 6 Birchall Street, Liverpool, L20 8PD   FAO Ged MacDomhnaill
Please contact Ged on 07792772680 for more details.

VACANCIES

Part time duty manager:

Dependable and organized person required to fulfill managerial responsibilities in the bouldering centre.  You will have experience of being responsible for specific roles within outdoor/leisure/retail industries such as cash handling and key holder.  You will have excellent customer service skills and enjoy working in a closely-knit team.  You will have a professional approach to work and be keen to help make our centre one of the best in the country.  You will be vital in maintaining professional standards in the operation of the centre in terms of staff performance, safety and customer experience.  As a leisure industry, you will be required to work some evenings and weekends.  As a new business, the demands on the staff will change as the business grows and your role may change so flexibility is an important quality.

Salary and opportunities for progression will depend on the individual and what they can bring to the company, but will be competitive.

Benefits: Free climbing, trade deals on climbing kit/clothing and the chance to be a key part of growing a new business with the potential to create your own job role.

Full time coach:

Full time Climbing Coach required to help design and deliver exceptional coaching services to our customers.  Patience and empathy are essential as is an excellent understanding of climbing movement and training methods.  You should be happy to work with all ages and abilities and be able to quickly build rapport. You will also have to cover general duties within the centre when not coaching.  Critically, you should have climbed outside extensively and have a deep passion for climbing, its culture and be dedicated to helping enrich peoples climbing experience.  Climbing coaching as opposed to instructing is still very young in the UK and the systems we develop will be aimed at setting national benchmarks so you must be prepared to constantly reassess what we do in an effort to drive the standard higher and help create a professionalism and respect for people who can coach climbing.  It is a tall order to try to carve out a professional niche for climbing coaches who are not/have not been sponsored.  As in other sports, the emphasis will be on expertise in pedagogy as well as climbing movement expertise.  As a leisure industry, you will be required to work some evenings and weekends.

Part time coach:

Part time Climbing Coach required to help design and deliver exceptional coaching services to our customers.  Patience and empathy are essential as is an excellent understanding of climbing movement and training methods.  You should be happy to work with all ages and abilities and be able to quickly build rapport. You will also have to cover general duties within the centre when not coaching.  Critically, you should have climbed outside extensively and have a deep passion for climbing, its culture and be dedicated to helping enrich peoples climbing experience. As a leisure industry, you will be required to work some evenings and weekends.

Two part time general duties members of staff:

Friendly people with a love of bouldering required to be the face of the centre.  Often on reception or serving brilliant coffee, you will be the customers first point of contact and make them feel welcome and at ease.  Being able to chat is a key skill here, remembering names and faces and making people feel like they belong to a community.  You should love bouldering and have a good knowledge of the problems in the centre so you can help our customers make full use of the facility.  We would like to train the right people to deliver coached sessions expanding our team of skilled staff, your CV and wage!

I HATE YOU ALL.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#6 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 19, 2010, 12:22:34 pm
so fu************************* envious.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#7 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 19, 2010, 12:42:26 pm
Good luck with the wall and everything but please stop using American spellings - you are a bouldering centre not a bouldering center   :'(

"pants"

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#8 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 19, 2010, 12:45:41 pm
Fair cop, will get it changed  :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#9 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 19, 2010, 12:55:12 pm
 :off:

Why do people buy "climbing jeans"? If you want a loose fitting pair of jeans for climbing in that look as if you've paid £15 for them from Sainsbury's then I'd recommend paying £15 for them from Sainsbury's instead of £60.

:shrug:

Sorry Graeme....

tomtom

• forum hero
#10 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 19, 2010, 02:37:34 pm

Why do people buy "climbing jeans"? If you want a loose fitting pair of jeans for climbing in that look as if you've paid £15 for them from Sainsbury's then I'd recommend paying £15 for them from Sainsbury's instead of £60.

:shrug:

Sorry Graeme....

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#11 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 19, 2010, 05:32:36 pm
 ;D
fair enough!
spare room for free anyone?

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#12 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 20, 2010, 11:46:32 am
Move into Tom's new flat/bedsit in Toxteth! He has access to Smooth Pete's training board/campus board/fingerboard opposite his house too for those late night/early morning sessions  :thumbsup:

andy_e

• forum hero
#13 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 20, 2010, 07:58:57 pm
I feel sorry for Pete if Mills has access to his house...

boulderliverpool

#14 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 21, 2010, 03:32:26 pm
Crumbs you are an eccentric bunch! Where did that whole climbing jeans thing come from?  What a pitch from way left field!  Anyway, there is clearly some issues I need to address, namely my lack of responses to the forums, not due to ignorance I must add, just a tad busy as one hopes you can sympathise....

Lurgy - yes we all have it, best not to visit till mid next week when hopefully we will be a snot free venue - also who is Hoppo?  And I want to come try one of these late night cave sessions - if of course inviting oneself along is acceptable.  I have never been to Parisellas.  I know, shocking.
'Gis a job like' - ok, as you asked so nicely.
American spellings - I apologise sincerely, a heinous crime and one I intend to avoid in the future, but i must confess most times i get to type anything up are late at night and normally I'm battered and as observant as a notoriously unobservant thing.
Climbing jeans - ?
'So f****** envious - The last 9 mths of endless slog and the predicted future 12-24 mths of unending slog in the vain hope of a better future with more climbing in it may help reduce the envy levels.  I have been on real rock perhaps less than 15 times this year - sickening statistic.  3 days off for xmas, 3 for new year, 3.5hr drive to see my fiance...
Free room thing - I could do with a room in December onwards - is it still free?

Web designer tells me that we launch due for first week in December, will release the first pictures, you will be scintillated!   

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#15 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 21, 2010, 06:30:07 pm
I feel sorry for Pete if Mills has access to his house...

;D

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#16 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 21, 2010, 08:40:24 pm

You can inspect the gusset of my Prana jeans to compare with your Sainsbury ones anytime

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#17 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 21, 2010, 09:49:20 pm
Lurgy - yes we all have it, best not to visit till mid next week when hopefully we will be a snot free venue - also who is Hoppo?  And I want to come try one of these late night cave sessions - if of course inviting oneself along is acceptable.  I have never been to Parisellas.  I know, shocking.
'Gis a job like' - ok, as you asked so nicely. 

Hoppo is young Sean!

I'll probably have to avoid getting more work as Davo witnessed the other day... I probably couldn't handle anything more active than the current one!

Hope you are all on the mend after a weekend of sitting off drinking beer and watching the rugby?  ;)

You are most welcome to the evening cave sessions. We usually go down on a Wednesday for about 5ish onwards with plenty of gas lanterns and headtorches..etc. Me, youngy and Sean are off there tomorrow morning/afternoon so may shoot past the hangar if anyone is still around about 6ish?

andy_e

• forum hero
#18 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 22, 2010, 11:15:12 am
All the places you could take a lamp, why Parisella's? You're not missing out on much having never been.

Beastio

• regular
  • Gaskins.
    • Blog
#19 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 22, 2010, 10:59:49 pm
All the places you could take a lamp, why Parisella's? You're not missing out on much having never been.

You sunbeam, need to pipe down and wind your neck in!
Ged, parisellas is an amazing venue despite what these guys seem to think.

andy_e

• forum hero
#20 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 22, 2010, 11:47:39 pm
I'll wind my neck in when you take your head out of the sand!

boulderliverpool

#21 beer, beats and BBQ.
November 25, 2010, 02:04:39 pm
Afternoon everyone!

I have taken a little break from writing inspirational risk assessments to ask a favour and arrange an event.

1) Are you stressed out, angry at work or with a friend or loved one?  Then come and try Drllling and t-nutting - using big power tools and bashing the hell out of stuff with a hammer helps get things back into perspective.  In exchange for a days action we can offer you a ten climb pass, lunch and as much tea/coffee as you can handle.

2) Perhaps a spouse or even yourself is over keen on decorating the house, quench that thirst by voluntering for 'The Big Paint'on Dec 11th and 12th. This is a weekend fesival of rolling on paint to plywood to the sound of wicked beats, and a thankyou BBQ and Beer evening to show our gratitude.  Our professional designer will be there to boss us all around so we don't even have to think, just roll it on baby!  People with greater motor skills might be asked to do some cutting in....  Volunteer for one or two days, bring a friend!  Bring your Mum!  Bring everyone!  probably not a great event for vegans however as beer is normally filtered through fish scales (uurrgghh - I know!) and pork sausages and beef burgers normally (unless in McDonalds) havwe animal origins.  We also used donkeys and an endangered Burmese Orangatuan to help us build the wall as free labour.   

Anyone keen?

Also thought I'd mention that our actual names is going to be 'The Climbing Hangar', hence the adverts and stuff - boulderliverpool was a temporary name while we were in the whole process of doing stuff!  Web launch soon apparently!

stonemonkey

• regular
#22 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 25, 2010, 02:18:00 pm
It's such a shame these positions have come up no as i graduate in April from an Outdoor Leadership degree and this is just what I want to go in to do. Ah well

JohnM

• junky
#23 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
November 25, 2010, 04:47:51 pm
I wouldn't worry someone will have been sacked for robbing stuff by then leaving an open position for you to fill!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#25 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
December 11, 2010, 12:47:59 am
OMFG.  Hello heaven, 10 minutes from my house  :o ;D

countotto

#26 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
December 11, 2010, 02:54:03 pm
OMFG.  Hello heaven, 10 minutes from my house  :o ;D

Ooooohh yes, YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS.

And it looks even better close up!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

iain_cbr

• addict
  • Weak lanky wannabe
    • A Ponderer's Ramblings
#27 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
December 19, 2010, 08:13:31 pm
Looking VERY good so far. Any more pics to tantalise? Of the wall i mean. Not yer privates.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#28 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
December 19, 2010, 08:22:01 pm
A comp style wall like at Rockover/Depot/Works would add the comp aspect. Viewing/watching area more the issue.

ryan77

• Credit History
#29 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
December 20, 2010, 03:55:32 am
Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!
 :pissed:

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#30 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
December 23, 2010, 10:37:29 pm
Looking nice team, keep up the good work. Hope I get to use this facility as frequently as I'd like. Beginning to think my V10's will last longer than my body in life at the moment. Just the kick up the arse needed.

As an aside, what would be the earliest likely opening time? No wall yet caters for the Gaskins o'clocker. Presumably they will remain as they are.

guru

• www.climbingtraining.it
#31 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
December 24, 2010, 12:31:29 am
so fu************************* envious.

we absolutely have to go there. sooooon!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#32 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
December 24, 2010, 10:37:27 am
Yes Robe, you both must come to visit!

guru

• www.climbingtraining.it
#33 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
December 25, 2010, 01:03:35 am
Yes Robe, you both must come to visit!

it would be sosososososonice!
i have a plan for.... 2012!!!

boulderliverpool

#34 Gaskins O'clock
January 02, 2011, 10:18:14 am
Precisely how early is that?  Generally running a 12-10 on weekdays and 10-8 on weekends, however if there is demand for early action then we can do things about this i.e I will get someone else who doesn't feel like every wake up is a horrific replay of being born into a unkind world to come in and open up!

Also for tantalising purposes have a look at:

and go to the boulderliverpool@blogspot.com blog for more pics, five more sleeps till opening.... cripes!

philo

• forum hero
#35 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
January 02, 2011, 01:53:52 pm
looks ace, in the north east we never use the T word!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#36 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
January 04, 2011, 09:16:47 am
Was in yesterday and have to say it's coming together great. Lots of nice curves and shapes!

Hopefully there will be a big turn out this Saturday :)

Dave Garry

#37 Re: Liverpool Bouldering wall vacancies
January 13, 2011, 10:24:39 am
I am not really into bouldering but I Have to say I had a blast on my vist this week. Staff friendly (well apart from Hoppo), problems were good, Bright!! (thats new to all of us who climb at AW) and a great atmosphere..once stage two is open this place will be super dooper with a capital SOUP..

I will be back down there tonight for another leson on how weak I am.

well done guys I think you will breath a welcome bit of fresh air into the Liverpool scene     

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal