UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 38 (1st-7th Nov) (Read 21603 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#50 Re: UKB Power Club Week 38 (1st-7th Nov)
November 09, 2010, 06:06:32 pm
due to the absence of a suitably scaled hydraulic unit and associated powerplant (traditionally a diesel unit in a digger but that would be impractical at this scale so an electric alternative would probably need to be sourced)

Said Lego components would be Pneumatic, I have a full set currently residing in my parents loft.

Also your claim that the steering 'actually works' would be more convincing if the steering wheel had shown any evidence of being connected. It may be the poor video angles but I saw no such movement. Back around Jennings.

nik at work

• forum hero
#51 Re: UKB Power Club Week 38 (1st-7th Nov)
November 09, 2010, 06:12:50 pm
Damn you Brown <shaky fist emoticon>

That pneumatic lego looks boss, I'll have to get me some of those bad boys.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#52 Re: UKB Power Club Week 38 (1st-7th Nov)
November 09, 2010, 08:13:37 pm
More impressive than your, quite frankly, substandard digger, is your ability to expound its virtues continuously for 3 mins 46 seconds. Have you ever considered applying to make a guest appearance on Just A Minute?

Oh, and as someone who works with naughty children I would advise you to jump on the inappropriate foul language used in your toddler's internal monologue fucking quick smart.

Dexter

• obsessive maniac

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#54 Re: UKB Power Club Week 38 (1st-7th Nov)
November 10, 2010, 11:40:45 pm
I have a LegoTM digger in the attic which has pneumatic front and rear scoops, proper working steering and wind down stabilising legs.  I can provide evidence if need be, but in the meantime I suggest you, Mr Beardy, have a deficient LegoTM representation of an unstable diggin' death trap.

What say you?TM

Joe

#55 Re: UKB Power Club Week 38 (1st-7th Nov)
November 11, 2010, 07:16:28 pm
STG - December – climb F7a+ circuit at Gollum’s Cave, Bristol.
MTG – Climb F7b, (House Burning Down/Bitter and Twisted) on-sight F7a
LTG – Climb F7c, climb F8a within 3 years (from 6th September 2010)

M – Routes
T  - Routes for 5 hours
W – Routes
T - Rest
F – Rest
S – Cheddar – Failed to do Still Waters Run Deep, 7b, but got all the moves. Took me several goes to figure out/do crux move, with that sorted was too tired to lead and screwed up red point attempts. Should go next time?
S - Routes

Climed like a punter, but at least I got outdoors this week. Good fun!

account_inactive

• forum hero
#56 Re: UKB Power Club Week 38 (1st-7th Nov)
November 11, 2010, 07:36:14 pm
I did actually build as fucking awesome digger yesterday, Dylan was well impressed (although he did insist on me turning it into a backhoe).

I can't confirm nor deny this statement
I apologise for my sloppy recording of events. "Dylan" was referring to my three year old son rather than the cunt on this forum.

tomtom

• forum hero
#57 Re: UKB Power Club Week 38 (1st-7th Nov)
November 11, 2010, 07:45:47 pm
I did actually build as fucking awesome digger yesterday, Dylan was well impressed (although he did insist on me turning it into a backhoe).

I can't confirm nor deny this statement
I apologise for my sloppy recording of events. "Dylan" was referring to my three year old son rather than the cunt on this forum.

;D

That digger was still gash though!

Charles

• addict
#58 Re: UKB Power Club Week 38 (1st-7th Nov)
November 11, 2010, 08:37:33 pm
Lazy this week, not in climbing terms it's just I'm copying and pasting from my training diary.

MTG
By 01 January
Red Baron Roof, Shipley Glen

STG
By 28 November
Improve Power - Campus sessions. Aim for 1-4-7.
Improve Core - Core sessions on off days. Ring workouts at end of sessions.
Keep up Stamina - One stamina session a week.
Get Fit and Light
Get weight down to 154lbs.
Run twice a week.
No drinking.

01 November - Depot
Interesting session at the Depot. I managed to do the F7b+ circuit on the board first go. However, I failed on some problems that would normally be a walk in the park for me. This highlights my current lack of power and body tension. If I am to have a good chance of sending Red Baron Roof this winter, I need to up my game in both these departments.

Also I feel I am lacking in finger strength at the moment. Therefore I might experiment with max dead hangs at the end of every session.

Bought a month membership at the Depot so I have no excuse not to get uber strong this month.

04 November
Currently battling with manflu so haven't run or climbed or done any form of exercise. My head feels clearer today though so I'm going to try and train tomorrow.

05 November
- Depot
Good session with Matt. Very varied. Highlights included:
• I campussed 1-4-6 leading with both arms. This is a good base to go for 1-4-7 from.
• Did the basic Beastmaker problem (6c+) on both sides. Left arm definitely weaker than right.
• Generally had a good boulder around.

07 November - Troller's Gill
It's wet! The left side of the main wall had lots of seepage. We couldn't believe it. Spent Youth was particularly gopping, most upsetting.

I warmed up by bolt to bolting The Jim Grin. Then I got cold as Matt did it on a rope. Then I did it in one and had an attempt at Barguest Direct. I failed on the last move because I'm rubbish and wouldn't slap for the hold. Took a very long fall which was fun!

I realise that when I am climbing a route and I feel a bit pumped, my brain tells me I am incapable of doing things that I know I am capable of doing. On Barguest I should have just locked it in with my right hand on a good crimp and reached for the jug. But I was convinced I wouldn't be able to do it, so off I came. The only way to address this is to climb lots, get pumped lots and see just what I can do when I am pumped.

Still no drinking for me. 10 days now - jolly good show!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#59 Re: UKB Power Club Week 38 (1st-7th Nov)
November 11, 2010, 08:57:35 pm
Short post from phone this week.

M - 2.5 hour road run.. 13 miles or so. Not quite sure of distance though.
T - squats, wall squats, Jump squats; 'Tailpipe' 250m row + 25kg KB rack hold (4 rounds); 30/30 OH DB press 5 rounds. Hard.
W - Bouldering at Awesome with Sam and Galpinos. Good session.
T - Recovery walk
F - Gentle run. RH mid finger feels tweaky.
S - Ramshaw bouldering w/Galpinos. Brilliant afternoon. Loads of problems up to 7a. Drove home in the dark listening to the footie on 5 live. God I love the Autumn.
S - HellRunner. 1:28. 20th MVet40. 240th of 1200. Psyched.

A fucking great week  :)

Middle finger on RH got tweaked at the wall on Wednesday so no plastic or fingerboard for 10 days.  Just as well as I've been all over the shop this week.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal