places to visit > conditions reports (isitgreasy on twitter)

T' County conditions??

<< < (2/24) > >>

sjw:
I'm up north on Friday. Is Kyloe my best only choice since it's meant to be mild for a couple of days and snow will be melting? Does anyone know if the roads are clear?

And lastly, does the Northern Soul block at Hepburn take a while to dry? I can't remember what the tree coverage is like.

Thanks all.

benj_d:
Quite a few trees around northern soul, did you go? If yes, how was it? The main wall (from bad company to hitchhikers) at kyloe is good in pretty much any conditions.

I'll not be in the county in the next few weeks as i'm off to loch lomond so might have a session at dumbarton if the conditions there are any good, then the lakes a week later, so it'll be some fun on a dripping bowderstone.

Fiend:
Update anyone?? Got a good drying forecast today, will some exposed crags dry out enough??

sjw:
Thanks benj_d. I decided not to risk it and just went for a walk up to Shaftoe, which was the wettest and iciest I've ever seen it, despite it being hella windy. I'll probably have a look up Hepburn next week so I'll report back if I do.

If Shaftoe is any kind of representation of conditions elsewhere then I'd say it'll be hard to find dry rock today.

jdal:
Mr Savage has been around a few crags this last week, there's a thread on UKC.

"I can't go into any more details as I'm still traumatised, but as expected, to cut a long story short, there's nothing dry in Northumberland. "

was his comment about a trip to Simonside after the thaw set in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version