UKBouldering.com

Late May Euro Sport climbing venue (Read 2370 times)

Gus

• obsessive maniac
  • Smash It In!
Late May Euro Sport climbing venue
April 15, 2010, 10:00:40 am
Hiya Hounds,
Any feedback on what venues like Ceuse, Rodellar, Costa Duarada will be like towards the end of May, was also thinking Kalymnos but prolly gonne head there in October so will probably save that one, in particular, what's Ceuse likely to be like too warm/ hot etc?

Cheers
Gus

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Late May Euro Sport climbing venue
April 15, 2010, 10:09:50 am
Ceuse will be fine/mint. Not sure about other places in May but imagine that they're starting to get hot by then.

ChrisC

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Late May Euro Sport climbing venue
April 15, 2010, 10:15:05 am
I reckon Rodellar will be ok temperature wise.   I'm speculating now but wet tufas may be a problem this side of summer depending on how wet the winter was? (Think it was pretty bad in Spain this year)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: Late May Euro Sport climbing venue
April 15, 2010, 10:40:55 am
Ceuse would be great, we were there in late June and it was mostly OK. Reckon Costa Durada will be getting a tad sweaty, unless you spend the day chasing shade, which may prove frustrating. No idea on Rodellar.

north_country_boy

• junky
#4 Re: Late May Euro Sport climbing venue
April 15, 2010, 10:48:40 am
Rodellar would be a good option. Ceuse also, but will depend on melting snow, there was a fair bit laying around when we tried to go a week ago.

ChrisC

• menacing presence
#5 Re: Late May Euro Sport climbing venue
April 15, 2010, 11:32:20 am
On the back side of Ceuse is a ski area that closes at the start of march.

http://www.skiinfo.com/Ski-Resort-Info/GapCeuze-EFRCEUZE-103-en.jhtml

Friends have been in April and talked about falling ice spears crashing down from the top of the crag.  They said it was great to be chasing the sun round the crag instead of the shade.  End of May will be fine though.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6 Re: Late May Euro Sport climbing venue
April 15, 2010, 11:35:32 am
I think you can get mini avalanches to, but depends on the winter and what the weather does (This may be stating the obvious).

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#7 Re: Late May Euro Sport climbing venue
October 07, 2010, 04:03:03 pm
Maybe going to Rod in May, checked the standard pricing on bungalows at El Puente (have stayed there years ago in a tent). 70muthafuckin' Euros a night! I have tried to mail them for a bit of a barter but it keeps getting returned unanswered. So, does anyone have an up to date email address for 'em?

This is the one I tried, twice. info@campingelpuente.com

(I may be being dumb) I feel likeI'm missing something.

S Smith

• regular
#8 Re: Late May Euro Sport climbing venue
October 17, 2010, 03:34:16 pm
Spent five weeks in Ceuse this summer from mid-May to mid-June and the temperatures were perfect.  A little chilly if you were sitting around in the shade in the evening doing nothing/belaying but ideal for actually climbing in.  And it wasn't too hot to climb in the sun either.  There was still some snow on the top of the crag when we arrived but nothing falling or dripping or anyting like that.  Les Guerins was nice and quiet too.

Do it :thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal