UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week34 (4th-10th Oct) (Read 12967 times)

iain

• forum abuser
Inspiring reading this week, lots of ticks and training progress.

Was in Font last week, brilliant as always but was a week of relaxing rather more than trying pushing myself. Did get sucked into my multi-visit multi-session fight with Crazy Horse as it was the only thing dry one day and eventually the technique gods answered my prayers and I got up the thing  :bounce: I've now got a brilliant sequence for the short(ish), admittedly one that others probably would have sussed in a few minutes rather than days.
Also had my requisite stopper 5+ and 6a on the circuits to remind me how poor my technique can be  ::)

Goals for this week are to have the builders out of the house, actually get some work done, and maybe even squeeze in a training session  :o

In a bit of a motivational black hole at the moment.

Hang in there Chillax, it'll come good.

k2ted

• player
stg, mtg & ltg - rest properly and not reck my a2 for at least 1 year.... gonna go for open handed beastness. Will it work.... no board sesh this week, think aint helpin a2 to heal. week or 2 off:(

Mon - nowt
tues - beastmaker / moon sesh. missing k-pow.
weds - rest
thurs - 4.5km run
fri - rest
sat - nowt. Cooked a goose with roasties etc. v nice
sun - too much red wine night before.....

IS2

• addict
STG Font last week of October: Feel steady on highball 6's perhaps settle score on one or two outstanding 7a projects.
MTG Enjoy the grit through to March / April keen to go get back to Widdop and other esoteric places in the deep south.
LTG Retire, get really fit and do good stuff across the globe.

Mon rest and lots of stretching
Tues more stretching and core session
Wed Wall easy circuit to warm up, up to 6b working on movement then harder probs
Thurs Board session, did some previous projects first go, created new projects and hung some previously unhangable holds.
Fri Wall warm up then V4-6 probs got most !! Except some long moves ... need more jumping practice or shorter route setter !!
Sat Shiatsu session Chi perfectly aligned body wrecked
Sun Struck down by man flu so trip to grit stuffed !!

petejh

• forum hero
Goal - do my first VIII, 8a, 8A, E8, in 2010.
At - IX, 8a, 7C, E5.
Goal for October: headpoint My Piano, work High Life. Start the drytool fitness in preparation for winter.

w. Derby wall, bouldering.
f. Evening in the Pass, bouldering on roadside. Edges problem.

A quiet week due to working away.

Joe

STG – (recovery from knee cap dislocation) Finger board sessions 3 times a week, back top roping/leading during November, December – climb 7a+ circuit at Gollum’s Cave, Bristol.
MTG – Climb 7b, (House Burning Down/Bitter and Twisted) on-sight 7a
LTG – Climb 7c, climb 8a within 3 years (from 6th September 2010)

Quick, late post as pressed for time..

M-Finger board
Wed- Finger board
Sat- Finger board

Won't go into any more detail, good to hit 3 sessions in the week, next week (this week...) not so good as on weeks placement. Sessions themselves were pretty good, certainly will keep me ticking over til I can climb again (?this weekend). Anyhow, not really sure if doing enough to hit December target, but knee recovery is going well, so if I feel like I can up the intensity some time soon I will. In the absence of bouldering, and because I'm training for a bouldery route, I will have to focus on climbing hard routes, even if on toprope, and working the hard sections even if I can redpoint the whole thing. Do some bouldering on a rop basically....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal