UKBouldering.com

Horizon - The Atkins Diet (Read 1056 times)

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
Horizon - The Atkins Diet
January 22, 2004, 10:08:26 pm
At last,

a (reasonably) popular programme that explains the Atkins Diet for what it is, a low calorie diet in disguise.

What annoys me most though is this attitude that you lose weight just by what you eat.  What you do is just as important!

The problem with all these diets is that you start with a weak, unfit, unhealthy, fat person.  Then, if they're strong willed enough to stick to their diet (which some ridiculous number aren't) you get a weak, unfit, unhealthy, thin person (until they start chomping on the cakes again).

Losing weight shouldn't just be about eating salad, it's about changing your whole lifestyle permanently.  But most people just can't be bothered, so they should just stop moaning.  

At the end of the day, fat people are fat because they're lazy.  (there are some examples of people who do have medical causes, but this number is tiny)

I know it's not politically correct, and maybe I shouldn't care, I'm not fat afterall.  But it's the truth and until people start accepting this the population is going to keep getting fatter and unhealthier.

The only good thing about it is Celebrity Fit Club.

dave

#1 Horizon - The Atkins Diet
January 23, 2004, 09:09:51 am
Fad diets blow - as you say its a lifestlye thing, and it speaks volumes of society today that tere are five and six your old girls all over the country who think they should be on a "diet" cos of thier parents obsessive dieting - i feel sorry for them.

danielb

• regular
    • http://www.danielb.org.uk
#2 Horizon - The Atkins Diet
January 26, 2004, 10:40:08 am
I must admit the whole dieting thing piss'es me off, getting regular exercise is so much more important than what you eat IMHO. Most folk are over weigh because all the exercise they get is walking to their car!

Get out and get active and your weigh will improve! But I suppose that most people want the lazier option of just changing what you eat instead of actually doing some work and getting fit!

hmmm bit of a rant there....

DanielB

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal