UKBouldering.com

our mam wanted a trellis (Read 2332 times)

jakjak

• regular
our mam wanted a trellis
October 01, 2010, 03:02:44 am
.... but she's gonna get hench instead:

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=4ed4538c631d995533ee012b56c19dba&prevstart=0

i got bored at work and excited at the prospect of a mumanddad sponsored bit of training equipment. im not sure how, but it took almost no convincing. let me know if you have any design improvements, ect.

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: our mam wanted a trellis
October 01, 2010, 03:13:38 am
its nearly Winter, not the perfect time for outdoor trainining equipment  :shrug:

If you do insist on building it then make sure you leave enough room for your shoulders and poor form, a mate had one that went between two beams in a garage and it wasn't fun.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: our mam wanted a trellis
October 01, 2010, 09:17:13 am
You might also want it to stand out from the support frame, or else you are going to be kicking that bottom beam going across.

jakjak

• regular
#3 Re: our mam wanted a trellis
October 02, 2010, 12:26:55 am
good points.. i'm going to try and revise it so that i avoid giving the beam a good kicking. i suppose it would be possible to move that beam up to the height that the board drops down to. shoulderroom! hadn't thought of that one!, i was looking at two rows of rungs, so if theyre about 32" wide combined when touching and in the middle, then that leaves more room.

as for it being outside, its that or nothing really so i'm going to get a friend who owns a beltsandallthingsPvC company to make a cover for it.... wont be useable in the rain of course but it'll keep it dry... other than that, well the idea  of pre-work training on a frosty morn has its appeal, somehow. ::)

i'll take some pictures once its done. cheers guys, any more pointers welcome!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal