UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 31 (Sept 13th-19th) (Read 13369 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Hi, my name's Cheque and I'm a climbaholic.  ;) Long time lurker, first time (power club) poster.

Years climbing: 2
Weight: 57kg
Strength: trace

STG: Onsight E1s and E2s on grit this winter.
MTG: Similar on mountains/ sea cliffs next summer
LTG: Be good enough to make a US trad trip in autumn 2012 worthwhile

M: Nothing. Knackered from friend's wedding/ Stanage at weekend.
T: 1st visit to newly-relocated local wall. Disappointment leads to unfocused bouldering sesh.
W: Walked back from work. Nothing else due to shocking fatigue after wall.
T: Work stress. Listless self-directed stretchng in lieu of yoga class.
F: Work project finished at last minute. Very little sleep.
S: Puntering @ Wharncliffe. Tiredness and contentment means more volume than trying. Feels like Autumn  ;D
S: Recovering all day reading ancient Climber magazines.

Next week's goal: get some endurance back ahead of trip on Friday. Resting for last two weeks of August seems to have been good for everything but recovery.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Strength: trace

;D

I've yet to meet a climber who declared themselves strong

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
STG: Taper like a mofo and crush in Mallorca
MTG: Threadbare, Secret Cabaret
LTG: I clearly don't give a crap about long term goals as I never know what to put here. Get better at everything?!

M     Much needed rest day. Fingers still bleeding slightly.

T      Torbryan, with lots of tape. Did Threadbare LH despite climbing like a numpty, got the moves on the original route but too spannered for a serious redpoint, MUST come back for this.

W      Berry Head, fell off Rainbow Bridge after overgripping like a manic overgripper. Walked up Cod Tympani as a consolation, must be the easiest '7a+' on the planet! 6b+ in real money. Then took far too long to get a sequence on Shadowstyx at LQP, I'll do it next time I go back though as it felt really easy with the sequence I was given (my own sequence was whack beyond belief)

T      Sorted my life out on Millimetre War. Must try and remember than sometimes full-frontal cranking is easier than whack heel-above-hands nonsense. Climbed well AND tried hard on final redpoint, possibly a first for me! Pity it was on a negative-stars 3-bolt shitty bit of rock..... ah well if you're a true grade whore that kind of thing doesn't matter.  8)

F      Nada, arms HURT

S     Tame hill walking in Lake District. Arms still hurt

S     as saturday. Arms slightly less painful

10 days of climbing with 1 rest day is clearly enough to completely spanner my arms. Going to Mallorca next friday so last post for a while, my stamina/PE is at an all-time high (while still being fairly shoddy by most sport climbers standards) so hopefully I'll actually manage to do some routes out there..... it would be nice anyway! :dance1:

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
Just got a new LTG: Stop getting puntered by Three Nine!  :guilty:

iain

• forum abuser

Last week is a bit of a blur. I know I fingerboarded once, and attempted to go to the wall once but no idea what days.
Also attempted to go climbing on the Sunday but after 15 mins on the motorway wife and I decided we just couldn't be bothered and turned round. Poor show  :spank:

So far more of the same on the climbing front this week  :thumbsdown:

On the upside, I'm going back to university to actually get a degree this time, 20 years after the first attempt, and got into the second year direct
On the downside everyone's so young  :o  I really do feel old.

Charles

• addict
Goals: Onsight F7b in Mallorca

Monday - nowt.
Tuesday - some circuit work at the Depot. Did the pink F7c on the circuit board. Chuffed.
Wednesday - nowt.
Thursday - light session at the Depot.
Friday - nowt.
Saturday - nowt.
Sunday - got a bit carried away trying to recapture my youth at a freshers party in Sheffield...

Mallorca tomorrow. Got my goals sorted, our days planned, DWS recommendations written down (thanks UKB collective). Feel rested and uber-psyched.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal