UKBouldering.com

BMC News report: Kitty Wallace (Team GB) wins Bulgaria European Youth Series (Read 2756 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
http://www.thebmc.co.uk/News.aspx?id=3950

GB climbing team member Kitty Wallace has won the Female Youth A category in the EYS (European Youth Series) held at Veliko Tarnovo in Bulgaria on 2nd October.
The win is all the more outstanding as Kitty has not long returned from injury.

Kitty becomes only the third Briton to win an EYS after Tom Bolger and Natalie Berry before her.

In Bulgaria, Ed Hamer made his third successive final and came a very creditable 10th in the Junior Male category. Our other competitor at the event, Luke Tilley only missed the final by one place in the Male Youth A category. These results support the GB Team management decision to send a smaller, on form, team to the event.

In terms of rankings, in their respective categories
Kitty Wallace is currently ranked 6th
Ed Hamer 8th
Luke Tilley 11th
Natalie Berry 14th

nik at work

• forum hero

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
It really is isn't it.

I'm not especially patriotic but its good to see we are holding our own internationally.  :dance1:

nik at work

• forum hero
I honestly didn't realise just how much competition stuff there was in the world, and how much us "plucky brits" compete in it until I had a gander at the BMC competitions report PDF thingy a bit back. I was surprised (and impressed). It really is quite a big thing in some quarters isn't it?

Anyway well done to all involved.

(it's good to see Kitty has time to climb in between getting hijacked for photo sessions with Gresham :))

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Especially good when you consider she bust her foot at the BBC's in June and was on crutches for a fair bit.

Paul B

• forum hero
It really is isn't it.

I'm not especially patriotic but its good to see we are holding our own internationally.  :dance1:

it couldn't have come at a more ironic time mind you.

Damn good effort.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal