UKBouldering.com

im going be a dad aaarrgghh! (Read 10098 times)

fatkid2000

• junky
#25 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 09:58:19 am
Ohhh and congratulations, just remember that in the world of made up experts there's a shit load of bull shitting charlatans.

Congratulations - agree with Sloper there is a load of bull shitting charlatans out there. Mid-wifes are the first of these you will come across and often pretty useless unless they have had their own kids. The only reason we managed to keep our son breast fed was due to advice from my Mother-in-law, the Mad-wives at Jessops were useless. The community ones are fine.

All babies are different - so what works for your best friends child probably will not work for yours.
The first 8 weeks are hard work - it then gets better, and you can start doing stuff.

As far as climbing and other activities go - its about being organised. Get up early to create time in your day for your freetime. Remember your other half will expect you to help, so all day trips may have to be put on hold.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#26 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 10:06:43 am
Nice one Shaz! I know nothing so I'll just wish you luck.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#27 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 10:26:45 am

Mid-wifes are the first of these you will come across and often pretty useless unless they have had their own kids.

And "health" visitors are the second you will come across.

cofe

• forum hero
#28 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 10:30:46 am
the midwifes and health visitors at jessops and in Sheff were first class with us. It was the young/junior doctors who needed some fucking people skills.

congrats.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#29 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 10:46:59 am
Ohh and don't forget to ignore the shit 'supper nanny' books and people who will try to convince you that there's only one true path.

Re the dogs thing.

1 'you're' is generally considered the appropriate spelling.
2. I'm not incorrect. Virtually every serious and or fatal attack in the UK is the work of Rotweiller and or Bull Terrier type dogs.
3. Social class is a faactor. 

That's my last contribution on that subject as the chance of rational debate is as likely as with creationists as to the pattern of evolution.

cofe

• forum hero
#30 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 10:51:37 am

3. Social class is a faactor

;D

Bobling

• menacing presence
#31 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 11:04:02 am
Congrats Mark.  I too got told the other day that we were expecting a third crew member in our happy ship.  It was 7.00 a.m. on Saturday morning and my first reaction was to go and put on ACDC and do some washing up - go figure! 

Amazingly my other half has now lost the abiity to a) remember anything b) walk anywhere c) cook.  And she's only eight weeks or so.

I made some innocuous remark the other day like "Can we please put jars away once we have finished with them?" and got a spittle-flecked "You try shitting a f**cking melon!" back.  I think it is downhill from here  :wave:

webbo

• forum hero
#32 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 12:06:09 pm
Ohh and don't forget to ignore the shit 'supper nanny' books and people who will try to convince you that there's only one true path.

Re the dogs thing.

2. I'm not incorrect. Virtually every serious and or fatal attack in the UK is the work of Rotweiller and or Bull Terrier type dogs.
3. Social class is a faactor. 

That's my last contribution on that subject as the chance of rational debate is as likely as with creationists as to the pattern of evolution.

you haen't mentioned cats because as everybody knows if you leave the door to the nursery open the cat will go to sleep on the babys face.

Eddies

• forum hero
#33 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 12:10:00 pm
Congrats mi ewd, bit strange finding out on here first mind!!
Ive got an idea.... Let your new mutt raise your first born, that way they can entertain each other without the hastle of all that nappy changing and stuff, leaving you to enjoy yourself  :thumbsup:

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#34 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 12:21:24 pm

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#35 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 01:46:41 pm
 :off: :off: :off: :off:
Ive set up a seperate topic for discussing dangerous dogs here
http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,15766.msg275084.html#new

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#36 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 02:14:38 pm
Nice one Shaz.

William Hill have only offered me 6-4 on that your kid will make it onto the cover of Climb before Andi does.  Not even worth a punt.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#37 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 02:22:40 pm
 :lol: What about getting on croatian tv? Must be tough for uncle andi, only being the third most famous climber in Leek.

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
#38 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 05:46:50 pm
Congrats!, My no.2 turned out to be No. 3 as well, so my rack is currently shut in a cupboard. Kids are great  :bounce:, be prepared for serious adventuring tho' as things sometimes get pretty mad :'( :lol: :wall: :yawn:

(Slightly biased due to current minimal sleep allocation, twins with colic, wife and toddler with colds and yet another birthday...)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#39 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 06:46:16 pm
Congrats Mark! I agree with what the others have said about how much you get out depending largely on what sort of partner you have and careful time management. You're likely to be a bit more focused when you do get out and hence end up getting up stuff.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#40 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 19, 2010, 08:43:49 pm
I only started climbing again (after 12 yrs off) after our son was born so it certainly didn't do me any harm!

Me too. For me it was fourteen years, then my wife & her friend - neither of them climbers - decided to take the kids, aged six, to the wall. And they liked it, so I got appointed Belayer. Spent a while reluctantly getting gripped soloing v diffs to set up topropes before thinking "hey, this actually used to be quite fun". Set Targets to reach & then exceed old level, set to work, acquired first major pulley injury ever. Muscles get strong(ish) (again) faster than tendons etc. etc. Got to go and ice my finger now.

Oh, and climbing with kids: don't expect to get much done. Don't go with less than two kids or less than three adults: two kids to keep each other amused; one adult climbing, one belaying, one keeping an eye on the kids.

mark s

• junky
#41 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 20, 2010, 10:40:49 am
Thanks for the messages.
Think you are right si,keep your money in your pocket.simmo has already got a cover shot in a crush vest planned.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#42 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 20, 2010, 02:42:53 pm
Muscles get strong(ish) (again) faster than tendons etc. etc.

You haven't met me have you.  ;)

Agree though that injuries are a total fucker that I never had to worry about when I was younger.

Paul B

• forum hero
#43 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 20, 2010, 02:44:27 pm
hope you're both up to date with the Spherical Cow?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#44 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 20, 2010, 03:14:31 pm
Of course.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
#45 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 25, 2010, 09:03:23 am

3. Social class is a faactor

;D

It's spelt faaaaacktor when used by the lower classes  ..... (Thankyou to the editors of How to speak Chav , a users guide for Posh Tories ..... )

And congrats Mark ..... Climbing with kids is great fun ......   

nik at work

• forum hero
#46 Re: im going be a dad aaarrgghh!
August 25, 2010, 09:04:14 am
Congratulations Mark, kids are ace.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal