UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 27 ( 16th-22nd Aug) (Read 15932 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Mixed week for me. Good on the overall training side, but no climbing to speak of due to work and family/social commitments.

M - London with work. Gym in the evening. 10 mins row then strength based weights session. Did a PB Benchpress (70kg) and PB Deadlift (165kg). 50 pullups to finish then 10 mins row warmdown.
T - 10.8k run round Hyde Park, 53 minutes
W to F - Long days at work & travelling in the evenings.
F - One of the best meals I've ever had at Plas Bodegros, Pwhelli with Dave L and our good ladies.
S- Long walk to shake off the Montrachet, St Julien, 40 year old port and single malt hangover.
S - 1.5 mile sea swim (crawl) then approx 10k hill run around Llanbedrog.

Goals this week. Eating and drinking a lot over the bank holiday as I turn 40 this week. Day off  Thursday and Friday so I fancy 40 routes in a day given the occaision.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Climb 7b, (House Burning Down)

Loving that downgrade btw!

I was going to have a go at that on Friday afternoon. Is it a joke at 7b+ ?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Goal: Oak. 10,000 8a nu points
Weight: 11.4-5

M.Tor. Eve. Bit greasy. No one else there. Attempted the Toilet
T.
W.Tor. Eve. Bit cooler. Attempted the Toilet. Nearly got thru the crux.
T. Foundry. Eve. Good session
F-S. Rome. First visit. A bit hot for sightseeing but an impressive place. 

Got back from Rome yesterday afternoon. Fantastic trip but now nearly weigh 11.7. Laurel resting and dolce vita is now out. Start of the Malham season cant be far off now....

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper

Climb 7b, (House Burning Down)

I was going to have a go at that on Friday afternoon. Is it a joke at 7b+ ?

Well I'm useless with grades, but I did it 2nd go (I'd been on it once the year before though) putting most of the clips in, even though I got the sequence dead wrong and had to reverse. Add in the fact that there are 3 very good rests, no hard moves, I'm generally not very good at routes over 8m, and I generally find 7b+ really hard, and I think that's fairly convincing evidence for 'not 7b+'.

Also, Three Nine reckons its 7b, and I'd trust his grades over mine. Absolutely brilliant route though, enjoy it!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Mon - Roofing
Tues - Roofed til midday. Rain restricted play. Went to wall and had ace route/pe session. Amazed I did so much especially after intense mornings work. Lead up easy route and did 6 consecutive lines up to 7a but failed on greasy top move. Rested 10 mins then did my resin wall circuit x 11 on the minute. Traverse warm down. Feeling strangely fit.
Weds - Roofed
Thurs - Totally knackered  and still roofing
Fri - Last day of roofing. Went to wall. Led three routes consecutively and felt knackered. Week had taken its toll. Came alive a bit at the end and connected some moves on the hardest circuit. Heart was in it but body elsewhere.
Sat - Hungover to hell.
Sun - Frogsmouth with Jim. Loved the day out with partner in crime.

Physical labour put paid to high performance but still enjoyed myself. Day out at Frogsmouth was a true delight in particular in the sun. Realised Jim and I can probably become world class. Had a pint to finish.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Mon- Fri: Worked. Turned out to be a busy week. I even worked all day thursday and I'd taken the day off as holiday.
Sat: Tor for an hour or so bouldering in the evening. Not great nick, not a great session.
Sun: Tor again. Warmed up well, then was shit. Had to head off early to prep a case for Monday.

Need to turn this around, somehow...

account_inactive

• forum hero
Will be at the Cornice tonight btw.  Chance to turn around your bad ways

Derek Mild

Hello
 This is my first Power Club post, hopefully it will help me stay on track.....

STG (within next month): Rehab shoulder to the level where I can do 5 pull ups again. Climb easy trad/bouldering to help with this.
MTG (by end of October): Onsight E3, Finish Trackside, do Go West & Breakfast
LTG: (by this time next year): Boulder font 7b, Onsight E4, no idea what sport grade I could realistically get to in a year if I work at it as I've never tried, so I guess the goal will be try hard at sport climbing and actually redpoint 5 routes.

Luthor

• menacing presence
Another busy life week... only managed 1 indoor bouldering sess at works on wed, then away for the weekend.

(but got back on rock again this week :-)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Got the bachar ladder out today and did a couple of rep's. I am really weak

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal