yawn !! (Read 4253 times)

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
yawn !!
January 21, 2004, 08:30:42 am

dave

#1 yawn !!
January 21, 2004, 09:16:23 am
sad isn't it! its hard to belive micks over 12 years old.

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#2 yawn !!
January 21, 2004, 09:20:24 am
Yep, sometime I think he is retarded with no mate.

anyway well said on cockfax !!  :up:

account_inactive

• forum hero
#3 yawn !!
January 21, 2004, 08:14:55 pm
Did Bubba ban him?

If so thank fook for that.  I would hate for this site to go the way of the cocktalk or Planetqueer.
Perhaps they didn't know that the fifth rule of "Open Source" is:

5. No Discrimination Against Persons or Groups

Yeah and so kiddie pr0n is ok then :x

erm, sam

• forum hero
#4 tedious tosser
January 22, 2004, 01:12:15 pm
As an irregular poster who doesn't know anybody else who posts here, I just wanted to say. Fuck MickCockfax.
In a forum such as UkClimbing, being annoying and winding uping is what they like,Mick's funny, pisstaking wind ups are part of the rich pagent of rightousness that flows there.
It is however reasonable to enjoy using a forum where it is taken for granted that opinions held are truely felt and there is no explicit windup factor in people's postings..
But, calm down. Who cares if Mick is trying to wind you/us up? If we don't give fuck about him, why does one mail from him generate an avalanche of replies?
If one simply ignores his bullshitting threads he will only stop (after a period of escalating baiting).
Mind you, having taken the opposite action and banned him, maybe he will spend so much time generating responses on Ukclimbing that his interest in this little backwater will subside..
We can only hope.
Change of subject: I am half way through that "Eats Shoots and Leaves" book about punctuation and that, and it is fucking my head up. I can't remember how to do anything properly, but am plagued by newfounded doubts about the accuracy of my punctuation. Its a night mare.  SO DON"T READ IT. is my advice. It takes my three times as long to write a sentence, and i am sure they are no more comprehendable.

dave

#5 yawn !!
January 22, 2004, 01:29:27 pm
amen to that!

P.s. i bought that punctuation book for me dad at xmas - is it good?

dave

#6 yawn !!
January 22, 2004, 03:52:41 pm
2810  :oops:

dave

#7 yawn !!
January 22, 2004, 04:04:46 pm
at least the bulk of my shit is actually discussing climbing, and not just sniping at other people (except this one of course), and thats over 2years+, and i'm a moder8R :8)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#8 yawn !!
January 22, 2004, 04:33:15 pm
The Owen wrote:

"FOOOOK me a few of them at boldering.com are tw@s!"

couldn't agree more mate. I never could fully understand the attraction of being American  :wink:

reginald jowett

#9 yawn!!
January 22, 2004, 09:58:26 pm
I've known Mick for over 50 years.  Had the pleasure of many long days in the mountains (odd, really, since we'd usually set out for a quick hour or two's bouldering in the Peak). He's really cuddly and cute in real life - like the title of the book, he 'eats, shoots and leaves' (well that's the sequence of his Burger King dining strategy - certainly saves money).

Privately, he's written to me, saying how sorry he feels about the whole Cockfax turn of events - and he would beg another chance to post here.
He's not allowed by the courts to speak to his wife, kids or neighbours - now he's off here - so Cocktalk's his last chance to interact with humanity.

ian h

• forum abuser
#10 yawn !!
January 22, 2004, 10:06:27 pm
reg jow.........???????

pz  ????

reginald jowett

#11 yawn!!
January 22, 2004, 10:10:05 pm
don't suppose the 'deep south' of your young lady is anywhere near west sussex?

I keep a small apiary and thought she might be interested in sampling my honey....

ian h

• forum abuser
#12 yawn !!
January 22, 2004, 10:20:51 pm
nope me young lady is in kent.

you been climbing? , are you off to font with ian soon?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#13 yawn !!
January 22, 2004, 10:35:31 pm
I once met a professional beekeeper, he looked like Freddie Mercury's cross-eyed runt brother, wearing very short shorts. He regaled us with tales of bee husbandry and described the intensely aphrodisiac properties of royal jelly :huh:

ian h

• forum abuser
#14 yawn !!
January 22, 2004, 10:44:39 pm
not sure myself i think reg is a climber local to soutern sandstone.......

come on down pete z..........

reginald jowett

#15 yawn!!!
January 23, 2004, 01:15:08 am
oh, I don't climb myself! I just like to sketch naked male bodies in balletic poses. Climbing's awfully good for sinuous, lithe movement. I've done some quite striking stuff. Lovely one of Mick - naked on Scawfell Pinnacle. BTW I really admire you bouldering chappies. Too old myself, or I'd give it a go.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#16 yawn !!
January 23, 2004, 07:29:48 am
good answer on rocktalk dave..

niiice one son

erm, sam

• forum hero
#17 aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhh
January 23, 2004, 12:29:48 pm
Work is a bit quiet this afternoon, so I happened to read THE WHOLE of th e 'wah I got banned of UKB thread' on Rocktalk. I just wanted to say how unbeleivable I find it that the modal respondents on it  had nothing better to do. Isn't life to short to endlessley bitch about being banned from a forum, allready described by the writer as small and unimportant?
What a bunch of freaks. What is wrong with being small? What is wrong with being big? WHat is Wrfong s alsdkhcva sdoif fcdjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Call a docttttttor. I''''''''ve had an anyerissssmm

dave

#18 yawn !!
January 23, 2004, 12:47:17 pm
i think the cocltalk bunch get a bit insecure when they realise there might be summert out there thatsa  bit better in some way, or if anyone suggest CT isn't the best thing in the world.

which reminds me, does anyone ever go on uk.rec.climbing newsgroup? i ain't been on there for like 3 years or summert.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#19 yawn !!
January 23, 2004, 04:29:36 pm
Think I went once, it wasn't very useful and full of dudes talking about mountains. I mean, honestly! like we care?!  :wink:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal