UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 24 (26th July-1st August) (Read 15798 times)

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I think that's the same thing that Nige has had an op on both shoulders for. Costly but effective (up to a point) in his case.

Actually, I've just re-read the consultant letter - it wasn't a labrum tear, it was stretched, but not broken. I think they cauterise it to shrink it a bit. Still keen to avoid it if possible. Lets face it, unless the shoulder is tooled, I'll probably end up doing what I did last time, which is to climb on it and hope it goes away...

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
These things usually do....
....except for the times when they don't.

cmerch

• "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!"
Goals: Onsight Cornflake Crack at NC
Mon: 4 mile run and campus board and mow the grass
Tues: 3 mile run and Rock Rings
Wed: Nothing
Thur: Climb at Foster's in am, 6 mile run in pm
Fri: 3 mile run and cut grass at lake house
Sat: Moon fingerboard and campus
Sun: 4 mile run
Hot temps keep climbing outside to a min. Leaving for weeklong trip to Looking Glass, North Carolina,  on Fri. Hope to climb, bike, run, and DRINK!
CHEERS!

uptown

• junky
Good effort on K3 Shark. Let me know when you're headed Malham way - I'll join you on the Oak.

LTGs  - New high 8 bloc, sport and trad - uncertain of grades but all very hard, and very good. (2010/11)
MTGs - The dirty dozen sport list. (2010)
STGs - one off the DD, An extreme rock tick or POC tick. (JULY)

M - Training (wearing in new boots actually) at Henry Price. Whites were unlaced, tight and managed c-d-e-f-e-d-c before popping off. These are the shizzle I was lacking. They will make routes a grade easier I hope. Why oh why I've been wearing velcros that were a size too big and evolvs for sport I wonder.
T - 0
W - Malham in the whites. Hallelujah. Onsighting up to 7b, Raindogs which felt fine and a quick work of Magnetic.
T - 0
F - Trollers. Onsighting up to 7b+, worked a project in terrible conditions.
S - 0
S - 0

Got my stg (just) with Raindogs (DD) - New stg's are another from the DD, to onsight/flash 7c again and to do three 8's in August.

chillax

• forum abuser
STG: E3
LTG: E4
LLTG: E7

Mon: Beastmaker
Tues: Zip
Wed: Squat
Thurs: Another wet day at the head. Fucking country. Led a wet VS and shunted an E1 in the rain. Seconded a HVS and an E1. Onsighted the first pitch of a classic E2 (Mizen Star). Got shut down by the bold start to the second pitch, so traversed off and ran up the second pitch of the neighbouring E2 which I did last year.
Fri: Nowt
Sat:  :alky:  :pissed:
Sun: Head felt like this.... :wall:

Slightly annoying that it seems to rain every chance I have to get to the Head, but heartening that I can equal my best performances there to date under shit conditions. Just waiting for a dry day and a psyched partner to get on something harder.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:58:57 pm by chillax »

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Went to physio. He says that I've probably not done anything serious to my shoulder, unless I have. I think that's good, unless, of course, it's not.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Well one on K3 Shark!

M - 1 hour hill run.
T - Gym. Row, DB Complex, Pressups, Pullups & Row
W - Gentle run and stretching
T - Nowt
F - Nowt (really tired)
S - Nowt (tired + sniffles) + Wife's boozy birthday party
S - Nowt (hungover + tired + sniffles)

Poor week. No climbing at all and felt tired with onset of a mild cold.  Family duties and wife's birthday organisation + recovery prevailed over climbing and training.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
S: Climbing @ The Cornice - Aimed to get back on LM but a strong contingent from N-Wales were seiging it, :D

You should have asked to see their papers - they'd have scarpered

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Good effort on K3 Shark. Let me know when you're headed Malham way - I'll join you on the Oak.

Sounds good. When the temp drops. The rules are you only get the beta if you sign an affidavit agreeing not to downgrade it.

To Everyone. Thanks for the congratulations and wad points. Its been lovely and appreciated. The striving has its own reward but nailing the route is what its all about. On a long project it sometimes you feel like everyone around you is ticking routes but you. Doubt creeps in and you start to feel that precious time is slipping between your fingers that could have been better spent. We all have our struggles. Like Nibs said earlier - whatever your approach - keep the faith.

Well done Chris_J_S on your hardest onsight.  :beer2:

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Goals - as before.

Sunday - Decided to visit the hospital after a slight trip.
Mon - Natural History museum, which was fun. The animated T Rex is brilliant,
Tues  - drove home
Wed - Nowt
Thurs - a few pull-ups
Fri - 40 mins on the finger board
Sat - family stuff
Sun - Kilnsey. Put the clips in GA and had a few plays. Found a possibly better way of moving from the jug at the top. One half decent go, leaving the top of the groove. Not bad as I've not been on it for over 2 months and not really been doing much the last 2 weeks. Had a play on the bouldery 7c at the RH end of the crag, but felt weak.

ummagumma

• regular
Some aerobic work this week to get me going:

T - Nothing
W - Outdoor Traversing. 20 move problem at about 5c - 3min Rest - x 6 . 40 move problem at 5c - 5 Rest - x 1. Arms on fire brought play to a halt.
T - Nothing
F - Indoor bouldering laps - low intensity. Then Fingerboard hangs - 15 mins.
S - Visiting the outlaws - Nothing
S - Visiting the outlaws - Nothing
M - Outdoor Traversing. 20 move problem at about 5c * 4 times. 40 move problem at 5c * 2. Working a 6c traverse. Ankle flaired up.

YYFS - Just getting back into bouldering after an  injury layup. Not 100% recovered (maybe 70%) but not enough to stop  gradually getting back into it.

Going to figure out some goals. Coming soon ...

webbo

• forum hero
Goal lose some weight.
Mon.wall good session managed a problem that i'd only done once or twice for my 39th problem.
Tue.wine
Wed.wine.
Thu.pub.
Fri.rode to work and back.50 mins each way.
Sat.told i was going to look at a house.so core and deadhanging session.looked at house.missus said it was the house of her dreams when i suggested more like the stuff of nightmares.i became more popular than usual.bike 2 hours flat.
Sun.bike 3hours 10 mins round all the obscure villages to the south of york trying to find a house to buy.
Failed again to get weight loss regime on track.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Short term goals
Climb 10 font 7s in Bleau (August trip)- a bit ambitious maybe.

Medium Term goals
Climb font 7c in 2010 (a bit ambitious maybe).
Lose (almost) a stone initially (aim for 83kg)- also a bit ambitious!
Do my Winter Hill run in under 43:12 (average 10kmh).

M-  Cadshaw run.  7.7kmh.  40:17.
T-  Work/ wine/ packing/ ticklist preparation.
W-  Work/ wine/ packing/ ticklist preparation.
T-  Work/ wine/ packing/ ticklist preparation.
F-  Travel.  Beers and nice food.  Tired.
S- l'Elephant after more travel.  Jump start to le Lepreux Direct then wine and bed.
S-  Went to various places, failed to climb much, measured some dynos.  Beers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal