UKBouldering.com

Boston Mess (Read 3375 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Boston Mess
January 19, 2004, 03:02:52 pm
is this a sit start on the edge facing side of the deliverance boulder? on undercuts?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1 Re: Boston Mess
January 19, 2004, 03:07:17 pm
Quote from: "dobbin"
is this a sit start on the edge facing side of the deliverance boulder? on undercuts?

Yup, from sitting may just about warrant 7cish
PLus its the smaller of the undercuts you use, there is a biggish one on the wall somewhere. Not that one. It finishes with a slap/static reach upto the biggish slopping edge...

Lying downstart might be 8a ;-)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Boston Mess
January 19, 2004, 03:52:10 pm
what about if I dig a hole and start out of that - can I have 8c?  :lol:  :wink:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 Boston Mess
January 19, 2004, 04:21:27 pm

No, its not a sit-start, but it does start on the lower holds (i.e. its easier to start higher up, but no tick). Sitter hasn't been done, whatever you may have heard, and will be at least 8a.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#4 Boston Mess
January 22, 2004, 06:37:08 pm
adam wrote

PLus its the smaller of the undercuts you use, there is a biggish one on the wall somewhere. Not that one. It finishes with a slap/static reach upto the biggish slopping edge...

don't know what problem u boys r on about but...

start in middle of wall (a foot to right of sipepull) lower right hand undercut n higher left hand undercut. u can go straight to top from here which is what i've seen a few people do then claim boston mess. this is bout 7a+/b. BM then goes left hand up n left to undercut, then right hand comes into undercut u started with 4 left, crux, crux, crux. then u go up wi right 4 top or sloper then top. u use 3 undercuts in all, no chips for feet. if this problem doesn't feel like the grade then uve not done it!!!
it is a hard problem, unfortunately not many know where it goes n take the grade then say how easy it is. get back on it if u think it's easy n use the sequence that is actually 8a.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal