UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 23 (19th - 25th July) (Read 17420 times)

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Short term goal: get a bit of fitness back.

M. Work I think.
T.  Went to the new manc wall. Got there late (8.30pm), short session. Boiling and humid.
W. Went to the new manc wall again. Got there early, struggled until I couldn't take the pain in my now bruised tips, went home.
T. Can't remember.
F. Nothing.
S. Short 1 hr sesh at Rubicon wall. Warmed up on Rubicon, put my clips in Zippy's new 7c+ ming-fest, sketch up it next go, go to Outside for a chip butty. The chips are overcooked.  Ask nicely if they will change my sponsored 5.10 Teams that are too small for a larger size. They will! See that Outside now sell Petzl Spirits. Consider momentarily if I need some. Buy a load anyway. Shiny. Buy another Petzl crab as it winks at me. And a bottle of liquid chalk. Go to the inlaws and sit on the couch in my new Teams. Do some guidebook work.
S. Cornice. Got my ass kicked by the lunge move on a 7c+ thing - This is the Sea I think. Worked out a way to crimp round it without what looked to be a newly broken crimp, then redpointed it. Oddly tired.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
STG: E3 (Dreadnought) by September 2010
MTG: E5 by June 2011

M - Shoulder stability stuff
T - The Arch: stamina circuits
M - Shoulder stability stuff
T - Nothing
F - Nothing
S&S - Portland.  OSed a bunch of F6bs and a 6b+

August at Portland standing in for March in Spain on the training-for-trad. program.  Feel like I could pull harder but trying to ease back into things gradually.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:55:43 am by duncan »

uptown

• junky
LTGs  - New high 8 bloc, sport and trad - uncertain of grades but all very hard, and very good. 8c (2010/11)
MTGs - The dirty dozen sport list (2010)
STGs - one off the DD, An extreme rock tick or POC tick (JULY)

M - 0
T - 0
W - 0
T - Malham with Nik. Looked to regain a bit of fitness after two weeks not climbing and still with a niggling injury to my shoulder. Tried one of the dirty dozen - raindogs, but wasn't up to it (annoyed as I top-roped it twice easily a couple of months ago thinking I didn't have the endurance).
F - 0
S - 0
S - Cheedale cornice with Jibe. Shoulder still sore / restrictive. Finished off the easy routes (whose line and corniceman) until someone cleans up the neglected *** Une crime Passionel please? A couple of looks at Love amongst the butterflies, which is excellent and worthy of its 'technical nightmare' label - more unfinished business.

The LTG's will all be fine I hope, bar the 8c - the number is irrelevant anyhow, it'll be the route that counts. I'll take the number off the goal list and replace with a specific route once the new stuff is completed.
The MTG will also be fine, as long as I can find folk to climb with - I'm struggling. Anyone who'd like to team up on SOY at LPT?
The STG is looking real tricky - I've been slack this month, just this week left.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
STGs - one off the DD, An extreme rock tick or POC tick (JULY)

Good luck seducing Jasper  :P

nik at work

• forum hero
8B, 8b+

M - nothing
T - nothing
W - nothing
T - Malham with the Guru, long day tried Magnetic, The Maximum and Raindogs.
F - nothing
S - food and nattering chez Slopes
S - go to my mums wedding at Shrigley Hall, marvel at the price of G&T.

Not much climbing this week again (am I the shittest member of Power Club??) though Thursdays session was good and long which is a rare treat compared to my usual rushed windows of opportunity. A weekend of excess on the food front hasn't left me feeling light either. I'll try to do better, really I will...

chris05

• forum abuser
Late post due to being away at conference. No climbing at the moment due to finger tweaks.

M: rest & drink  :beer2:
T: recover
W: 40l swim (crawl), 4m run & core (300 moves)
T: 40l swim (crawl), 4m run & core (350 moves)
F: 40l swim (crawl), 4m run & core (300 moves)
S: rest
S: 4m run & core

Not sure I qualify for 'power' club with the lack of climbing/training I'm doing at the moment but trying to avoid re-re-injuring fingers by starting climbing again too soon.

saltbeef

• forum hero

what is this?

uptown

• junky

what is this?

Quoted from blog:
"This summer and autumn I am going to remain uninjured and fire through a highly motivating sport-climbing ticklist, nicknamed the dirty dozen. It's all 8's - some of the best, some of the most famous, some of the most infamous and with a few dirty hard projects thrown in for good measure."

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Link?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal