UKBouldering.com

Non-Quality Chuffing Videos (Read 285927 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
#700 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 14, 2018, 03:46:46 pm
Good effort for coming over and getting it done.

hansmaro

#701 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 16, 2018, 01:28:40 pm
Thanks. The rock is the best I have ever touched. Planning on a return trip in the spring. Going for a 10-day trip, which time of year would be the most sensible in terms of stable weather? Last year (late October) we were very lucky. Some light showers, but otherwise blue sky and great sticky conditions. Otherwise, the atmosphere and scenery is amazing. Somewhat Postman Pat-like...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#702 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 17, 2018, 03:12:35 pm
The rock is the best I have ever touched. Planning on a return trip in the spring. Going for a 10-day trip, which time of year would be the most sensible in terms of stable weather?

Try Torridon Sandstone! It's a bit of a lottery, but you could try for May time ish. A bit more light gives you better windows for climbing, but it's still not getting too warm.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#703 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 17, 2018, 06:29:59 pm
As SAChris says, British weather is a bit of a massive lottery.

After Easter there is more light and the weather is typically more stable than April. September would be the equivalent autumn period.

June can be a bit warm for grit. October and March are great months, just you’re taking a bit more of a chance with the weather. The advantage of October would be the likelihood of dry limestone bouldering if you got rained off the grit.

user deactivated

#704 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 23, 2018, 12:43:00 am
Wobbly iPhone footage of a lovely Nadin route on the 5 clouds, Laguna Sunrise. We waited around all day in the rain, sat for a good while under Wings buttress. I’m glad to have stuck this one out until near dark.

Watch Laguna Sunrise on Vimeo:

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#705 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 23, 2018, 02:26:10 pm
Nice one Dan. Looks a great route. Sorry for  :offtopic: but I'm down from the Highlands with the inlaws in Stafford so hoping to get my annual day at the Roaches tomorrow. Was thinking of bouldering at the Clouds. It's grim and wet here today but forecast good tomorrow, any idea of things will dry quick enough?

user deactivated

#706 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 23, 2018, 02:54:40 pm
Hi Gaz, Tetris block will be dry as will milky buttons. Crystal grazer takes a bit longer but should be alright by pm. It’s a north easterly/ easterly tomorrow so stuff out of the wind and sun e.g imperfect catch etc might not dry off. The cube, ramshaw, baldstones might be good but chilly options.

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#707 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 23, 2018, 03:24:50 pm
Awesome, thanks Dan. Trust on Tetris block and Finger of Faith are high on the list so I'll head that way. Cube is a good shout too.

tomtom

• forum hero
#708 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 23, 2018, 03:58:41 pm
I was at 4th cloud yesterday - rain in morning then dry and windy. It dried up pretty quick.

user deactivated

#709 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 23, 2018, 04:24:48 pm
Awesome, thanks Dan. Trust on Tetris block and Finger of Faith are high on the list so I'll head that way. Cube is a good shout too.

No worries Gaz, may pop there myself for a Boulder ✌️

Hi Tom, that was you !

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#710 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 23, 2018, 04:56:14 pm
Great! I'll be the one with the tennis ball obsessed collie.

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#711 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 26, 2018, 07:22:21 am
Thanks again for the knowledge Dan. Christmas eve at the Clouds turned into one of my best days out of 2018. Happy days.

user deactivated

#712 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 26, 2018, 10:25:43 am
That’s great to hear Gaz. What a lovely day huh! I ended up belaying a friend on eastern grit. How were the problems?

GazM

• forum abuser
    • Highland ramblings
#713 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 26, 2018, 01:34:21 pm
Yeah, it was lovely. Maybe a bit warm in the sun to be mint but good enough. Finger of Fate, Trust, Thrust and Hard Arete had been on my list for a while but I didn't expect to do them all on the same day.
Success like that generally means my next few days out will be thorough spankings.

user deactivated

#714 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 27, 2018, 01:05:31 pm
Hard arête is great, did you look at the Nadin problem to the left of finger of fate? Looks good

tomtom

• forum hero
#715 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
December 27, 2018, 03:48:06 pm

No worries Gaz, may pop there myself for a Boulder ✌️

Hi Tom, that was you !

Yes! Hello (again :) )

(Soz don’t check this thread that often)

Wood FT

• forum hero
#716 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
January 02, 2019, 11:31:41 pm

user deactivated

#717 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
January 12, 2019, 08:08:21 pm
Great video that Guy.

The main event was wet today so went on this instead. First did it about 15yrs ago. I fell off the top today feeling pukey (honest 😂) Tom crimped and slapped!

webbo

• forum hero
#718 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
January 12, 2019, 09:39:10 pm
My memory of doing that is karate chopping my way up,the crack. I don’t think I touched the break he reaches from the heel hook. I remember grabbing the jug on the right then panicking as I thought I couldn’t get back in to the crack.

user deactivated

#719 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
January 13, 2019, 09:58:24 am
Aye karate chopping is definitely the way for the thin handed connoisseur.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#720 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
January 27, 2019, 11:46:18 am
Something from the dark side of Lancashire. Something I bodged together for the Darwen Mountain Film Fest, using some ropey footage from a variety of cameras that weren't working properly. But it seemed to go down well last night, so here you go...

NSFW Warning - some loud swearing to start.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 11:52:24 am by r-man »

user deactivated

#721 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
February 25, 2019, 09:23:34 pm
Posted this on the esoteric thread but had to re-upload. Having to swallow my pride and use Vimeo aaaarrergggggghhhhh cnuts!

Anyway Dougie Hall action from Running Hill Pits. Mega stuff. I make it look harder than it is but prob still more e6 than e5

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#722 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
February 26, 2019, 01:38:12 pm
Dan, that's great  :clap2:

For a while I thought you were the black spot on the other side of the quarry - giving it a particularly wide/eerie feel.

Nice lob. I can imagine you're quite fit atm.

I've always found the notion of pulling ropes on trad routes really contrived/unnecessary, with the more significant difficulty being heading for the next gear not knowing what's coming. Depends on the route though.

Also great not to have music - I'm not saying there should be none whatsoever, but appreciating the general quietness of the setting makes it all the more inspiring.

Thanks.

dunnyg

• forum hero
#723 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
February 26, 2019, 05:03:58 pm
Quality video. Cool dog too.

user deactivated

#724 Re: Non-Quality Chuffing Videos
February 26, 2019, 05:31:32 pm
Cheers Dave / Dunny G, yeah i did consider pulling the ropes but it seemed a bit artificial as you just clamber onto a block about 4a stand on tiptoes then clamber back down again. What I will say is I did back up the wire on the crux while sitting on a wire. Glad I did otherwise it was impossible for me to place. So a bit cheeky really. I was disappointed not to get up there putting the gear in but didn’t mind so much as I gave it full effort.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal