UKBouldering.com

Pembroke bivy spots (Read 3167 times)

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
Pembroke bivy spots
August 09, 2010, 02:24:27 pm
I'm heading to Pembroke on Friday to sample the delights of the worlds finest sea cliffs and i need some suggestions for places to bivy. I found a cheap campsite which is quite cheap but mate has told me "£3 is a days food, so we wont be paying for campsites", yes he is a gypsy.
We will be starting on the slabs at St Davids and then moving onto Mother Carey's, any suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: Pembroke bivy spots
August 09, 2010, 02:58:49 pm
I'm heading to Pembroke on Friday to sample the delights of the worlds finest sea cliffs and i need some suggestions for places to bivy. I found a cheap campsite which is quite cheap but mate has told me "£3 is a days food, so we wont be paying for campsites", yes he is a gypsy.
We will be starting on the slabs at St Davids and then moving onto Mother Carey's, any suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

c.15+ yrs ago you used to be able to doss in the chapel at St Govans (the one half way down the cliff)... not sure if thats still the case? Was pretty roomy (we got 15 odd in there)..
T

ps - it may be a little way from where you are planning to climb but theres some top notch climbing in its doorstep..

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#2 Re: Pembroke bivy spots
August 09, 2010, 03:11:34 pm
That is mega, cheers

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: Pembroke bivy spots
August 09, 2010, 03:22:15 pm
Get up and way early though, as it's a popular spot with tourists. Also not sure if cars left at range parking after dark would cause any concern.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: Pembroke bivy spots
August 09, 2010, 03:25:29 pm
Get up and way early though, as it's a popular spot with tourists. Also not sure if cars left at range parking after dark would cause any concern.

:agree: cars were OK, but that was yonks back - someone was probably kipping in one of them as well...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#5 Re: Pembroke bivy spots
August 09, 2010, 03:40:52 pm
Seem to remember a sign about no overnight parking when we were there a few weeks back (although two camper vans looked like they'd spent the night there anyway  :devangel:).

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#6 Re: Pembroke bivy spots
August 10, 2010, 10:26:31 am
not saying I camped in the car park in my van for the weekend or anything but.......

Paul B

• forum hero
#7 Re: Pembroke bivy spots
August 10, 2010, 11:33:41 am
You can't really leave your car in the St. Govans car park overnight they take your Reg number and leave you a slip detailing local byelaws which prohibit overnight parking / camping.  ( :whistle:).

They even do this when its bucketing down and so sane person would be wandering around taking number plates.

There's a layby just outside St.Petrox that you can park up in and usually has a few vans.

Ma Westons has a loo and so too does the pub. If you're feeling less pikey then I'd suggest eating at the Stackpole Inn. Fantastic food which shoots the St. Govans down in flames.

BTW - I wouldn't be trusting the weather forecast, its piss wet through here at the minute and was too yesterday. Sun isn't getting time to burn off the early morning grease before more rain hits.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal