UKBouldering.com

FS: Nikon lens bonanza - the motherload (Read 3445 times)

dave

FS: Nikon lens bonanza - the motherload
July 10, 2010, 09:29:27 pm
OK got a few lenses to shift here: anyone interested send me a PM with the name of the lens/es you want in the title so I can keep track easier. All can be collected from Sheff, or postage at cost.

Sigma 10-20mm F/4.5-5.6 - SOLD

Great lens. The glass is in superb shape, everything works 100%. Bit of minor wear to that funny queer coating you get on sigma lenses but this is unavoidable in use. More pronounced wear to the hood (see photo) from where I slid the lens in and out of bag with the hood reversed. Comes boxed with original lens pouch (never used) and original front and back Sigma caps. The front cap by design is almost unusable with the hood on so I'm also including the Nikon 77mm cap I bought instead. SOLD

Nikon 35mm F/2 AF - SOLD

(other photo.)

Another cracker, great as a normal lens on DX - much smaller than the new 1.8 AFS. In superb condition all round, only tiny almost inperceptable signs of use. Basically only had 12 months of light careful use in its life. Comes with original Nikon caps front and back. SOLD

Nikon 24mm f/2.8 AF-D - SOLD

(other photo)

Pretty much a Nikon classic wideangle. Shows a fair bit of use on the bodywork but nothing untoward. Glass in good nick except for some marks on the coating of the front element (note coating marks, not scratches). I can honestly say hand on heart I've never had a single slide back from this lens that showed anything you could remotely pin on these coating marks, even shots directly into the sun - not ghosting, no flare, nothing - I can show you the slides. Comes with original Nikon rear cap and a generic front cap. Coating was like this when I got it hence I got a good deal on it a few years back. SOLD

Nikon 70-210mm F/4-5.6 AF - SOLD

(Other photo)

Great compact tele, not too heavy and built like a brick privvy compared to the plastic stuff of late. Always given me sharp shots. Glass in very good nick, bit of dust with it being a zoom. Got a knock/scrape on the edge of the front filter ring (see photo_ but its not structural, filter ring unaffected. SOLD

Also if anyone wants a Nikon FE body (a 1977 design classic) holler at me.

Any questions, don't be shy.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:03:26 pm by dave »

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
probably have the 24mm off you word, hold onto it for a day or 2 while I have a think please

dave

no worries jim. It'll be a killer lens on your F80 word.

tomtom

• forum hero
You've got mail on the Sigma Dave..

dave

You've got mail on the Sigma Dave..

Just trying to reply to you now if my goddamn phone will play ball.

dave

OK, sigma now sold, the rest still up for grabs, jim's got first shout on the 24mm.

dave

OK guys and gals, have put a few of these (bar the 24mm) on ebay on BIN, but still up for grabs to yous at the above prices if you want them, but don't hang around. Cheers.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Word, what's the serial no on the 35mm? Did you work out whether/ when they fixed the aperture problem?

dave

226828. I did a lot of reading up on the oil issue before i bought, can't remember the exact conclusion but i think it was just a certain batch early in production that had the fault. I think i was satisfied this one was fine or i wouldn't have got it. Certainly no sign of any problem while i've had it, or previous.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Hmmm. Mine is 309xxx.

dave

fuck knows then! Could just be a common fault not a batch issue, something to do with storage temps maybe. Is yours an AF-D jb? I have also read one theory that the oil thing is specific to the D version.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 05:05:04 pm by dave »

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
gonna have to pass on the 24mm word. just got the credit card bills through from our holiday  :thumbsdown:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Is yours an AF-D jb? I have also read one theory that the oil thing is specific to the D version.

It is, yeah. Otherwise look identical to yours - did the D version come after?. Even stuck at f/2 I get a lot of use out of it, should definitely repair it or buy another. Net reports suggest problem likely to re-occur, so I should really buy a good one, and repair and sell the other...

dave

yeah the D version came later, gives you some theoretically useful data passed to camera for flash....that and oil everywhere.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
You've inspired me to give cleaning it another go anyway. These aperture blades aren't as fragile as they look...

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Fixed and working perfectly now. Should have gone balls deep the first time...

Can't see where the oil came from - have replaced it with graphite anyway.

Highly recommend this lens as a standard on DX. Dave's is a good deal.

cofe

• forum hero
can't see any bracken in your toolkit there yoot?

dave

Nice one JB, proper scrapheap challenge scene.

Well the 24mm and 35mm went like shit off a shovel on £bay, so they are now gone. The zoom is still up for grabs though.
Holler.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
What's annoying is that having taken the back entirely to bits, I figured out a simpler way to get the aperture mech out through the front.

What's this cash going on then, a 4/3? Waiting for the details on the 'LX-5'?

dave

found a good factory refurb deal on the poor man's M9+20mm.

Yeah on most nikon primes you can take the glass and diaphragm out the front.

dave

70-210mm is gone now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal