UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 19 (Mon 20th to Sunday 27th June) (Read 11465 times)

iain

• forum abuser
wish me luck in achieving my goals.

Absolutely  :thumbsup:, and thanks for the reply

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Stg – go climbing, improve PE
Mtg – go bouldering
Ltg - repeat til fade....

M –
T – Baslow - highballing, soloing, bouldering, all good stuff.  Very close to The Ripper but couldn’t get my left foot onto the hold for the last/hard move.
W – returned to Baslow to finish off The Ripper, use a different foothold and it goes quickly – cool problem.
Th  - ARC experiment at home – 10 min row, 15 min laddering, 5 min row.  Mild buzz in forearms but not sure it’s a success.
Fr – Circuits on a shunt then lots of gardening.
SS zip

Poor week really, finished the Baslow circuit (all but two feet) and had a good mooch around but doing no roped climbing was frustrating.

nik at work

• forum hero
8B, 8b, project

M - nothing
T - Kilnsey sweating my sweat off, working stuff which it was far to hot for me to bother working...
W - nothing
T - nothing
F - nothing
S - nothing
S - nothing

I think I may have missed some weeks out somewhere along the line, apologies. Generally climbing has not been getting done which is frustrating.

Welcome to the fold Uptown, it's nice to have a fellow non-trainer knocking about...

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
STG’s – Boulder 7a and Redpoint 7a (Done) by end of June
MTG’s (End 2010) – Redpoint 7b+ (Sturgeon/Lightweight/Body Machine) & Onsight E5 (Right Wall or White Wall or Positron)
VLTG’s – Redpoint 8b, Boulder 8a.

M - am Row/Weights P/E session BB & DB exercises @ 75% 1RM pm- Cheedale Embankment. 6b+ then Bream in Black (7a) 1st Redpoint; Dogged Barracuda Bass Sound 7a+ and led it in two overlapping sections. Hard (7b?)
T - Travel/Work - Long Endurance Session in gym 10k row; 5k run (outside); 15k bike
W
T
F
S - Hungover tradding at Staden - HVS, E1 & E1. 1st trad of 2010, head felt good.
S - Got pissed at OT watching England beat the Aussies

Good start to the week. Great gym session early Monday and climbed well in the evening. Tuesday again a good session in the gym. The rest of the week was a write off of football, 40th birthday parties and the cricket all day Sunday. Liver is pickled. This week is a bit of a write off too with a heavy work schedule and Wakestock in Abersoch at the weekend. Might get some surfing in.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Short term goals: lots of stuff in the 7b+ - 7c+ range. Long term - GA, COTC

Tues/Thurs - good fingerboard sessions - 1 hr each. Lots of repeaters, dead hangs and pull-ups,
Sun - Pantymwyn. Tried to do Grand Canyon, but lacked the fitness. I feel strong as a result of all the fingerboarding, it's a lack of route mileage that's destroying the stamina. Still, if it wasn't for the fingerboard I wouldn't get chance to train at all!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal