the shizzle > the blog pile

The Shark

(1/78) > >>

comPiler:
Just another day at the Cornice.
23 June 2010, 8:56 am

Today. Saturday. It was just another day at the Cornice. Ive been walking in and out of Chee Dale from Worm Hill for 25 years . Familiarity doesn’t always breed contempt but a warm home-from-home feeling. It was an early start by Peak st...

Source: The Shark

comPiler:
Over the Wall
24 June 2010, 8:59 am

I have a dog. A border collie called Pip. She's 12 now. I don't know how old that is in dog years, but its getting on a bit. I grew up with working border collies on a remote farm in East Devon and wouldnt consider any other breed. They ...

chris_j_s:
 :'(  Poor Pip.

I remember hearing that she fell off the Catwalk a few months back, but its pretty amazing that she went away unscathed if she's as old as 12!

Re the point of your post I wish I'd discovered climbing younger when my body would have kept up a little easier! However, regarding Stevie its undoubtedly a major factor that he climbed to a high standard in his younger years. Starting from scratch at nearly 30 I'm nowhere near over the hill of course, but I'm not even sure whether it will be physically possible for me to reach, say, 8c-9a standard now. I can't think of any examples of anyone having done it but they would be few and far between I would have thought.

shark:
Hi Chris.

Yes the dogslip incident was worrier.

There are some late starters who achieved like Livesey. Most of us wont bag 8c-9a however hard we try or however early we start. The point I think is to be the best you can be within the life you chose to lead making the most of what you've got. Who has achieved most - a natural climber who climbs 8a without effort or someone whose applied themselves and worked really hard to do 7c. In absolute terms the former but in relative terms the latter. You play the cards you are dealt with.

comPiler:
The best climber is the one having the most fun
25 June 2010, 8:44 am

My last blogpost elicited a response from my business partner Toby that my opinions were worryingly close to the oft quoted 'the best climber is the one having the most fun'. I like this quote not only because it winds up the literally-m...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version