UKBouldering.com

Bakewell Tonight (22 June) 7pm - protecting bridleways meeeting (Read 3547 times)

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
Was going to put this in houndkirk thread - but such short notice flaging it in own thread. don't think i'll get there - can anyone make it??

email to Totley running club....

Message: Please could you let your members know about the following..

Protecting ancient bridleways in the Peak Park

A public meeting will be held at 7pm Tuesday 22nd June at Bakewell Town Hall at which members of the public can express their views regarding the rapid deterioration of many ancient bridleways in the Peak Park occuring through a combination of off road activity, weathering and neglect.  It is antipaced that the Chief Executive of the Peak Park will be present to explain their position and listen to concerns.  Anyone with concerns is encouraged to attend in order to try and progress action designed to protect these byways such as Long Causeway, Chaple Gate Brough Lane etc etc.

cofe

• forum hero
That's annoying. The worst publicised public meeting ever?

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
yeah sorry i posted the post as soon as i got the email - and on the fell running forum.

cofe

• forum hero
don't apologise pet. i just can't believe the people involved haven't made a proper effort to publicise it

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Just had a chat with a few folk who went to the meeting. By all reports it was, and I quote, a 'humdinger' of a meeting. 4x4 lobby in attendance but few in number and lacking in decent arguments. Lots of good points raised in support of TROs, with a lacklustre response from the Peak NPA. Not sure any concrete progress but a nudge in the right direction. I believe Sloper was in attendance so may be able to tell us more.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Yes, I was couldn't believe what a fucking shower of shit the peak park were and that their ceo was as this fule now kno, utterly wet.

They don't seem to understand that they have a statutory duty to take action not just scratch their collective well paid arses and say it's a bit tricky and we need to have another policy fora etc.

They don't seem to understand what they need to do or how to do it.

They don't seem to care.

I know realise why they f--ked up over the Longstone Quarry to the degree that they did, it's nothing short of rank incompetence, after all it couldn't be corruption as you might as well try and bribe a lamp post for the good it would do you.

Time for a different approach.

I think it's time to get Lord Hattersley, Pat McCloughlin and Nick 'deputy bitch' Clegg involved, anyone in DB's constiuency?  I've had very positive results with Pat before, perhaps we can have a email round robin to make sure all the salient points are raised.

That and a bit of that famous X1 route in the frankenjura.

cofe

• forum hero
That's great etc, but what happened at the meeting?

Sloper

• forum hero
Nothing, lots of people gave them good grounds to act, the legal basis for acting, the environmental damage being caused, the risk to other users of the BOAT's, the failure to consult, the avoidance of responsibility and they (other than the Police who were in an ividious position) basically sat there and shrugged their shoulders and sai, they would start to consultation process to impose TRO's on the three most damaged routes some point, don't know where don't know when, we'll fight them on the beaches, etc

In short County Council and Peak Park would not set out a timescale for beginning the process of imposing TRO's, would not commit in policy terms to seeking to do the same or take any realistic steps to sort the problem out.

Time to get people to bring in the political heavyweights and get the CEO of the Peak Park a P45.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Sounds like: you know what you're doing and you have the motivation to do it.Keep up the good work.

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
I've emailled Nick 'deputy bitch' Clegg in the past over Stanage Causway, but no reply he's obviously
to busy playing posh boys with Cameron

dave

I've emailled Nick 'deputy bitch' Clegg in the past over Stanage Causway, but no reply he's obviously
to busy playing posh boys with Cameron

Send him a letter, he replied to mine.

Sloper

• forum hero
It's time to make it an overtly party political situation and play on the weakness of the environment, new members insecurities and so on.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Well closure would certainly be cheaper than repair.

Any of those fuckwits there bleating on about ground pressure being less than a kitten? I hope they got shouted down.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal