UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 18 (Mon 7th to Sunday 13th June) (Read 12290 times)

iain

• forum abuser

STG: State of Play, Total Seizure
MTG: Onsight 7b
LTG: Freaky Ralph and Infinite Gravity

Mon: rest from beasting over weekend
Tues: Fingerboard and ARC
Wed: nothing
Thurs: boulder at wall, feeling ok but hard to gauge
Fri: bbq  :great:
Sat: 5 hours of painting wood preserver onto new shed, knackered
Sun: Routes day, first time trying 3 7a+ onsights in a day, fell off all of them but on 2 due to technical incompetence rather than pump, long slappy moves where I had to have my short arse frame in the right position and didn't, then went straight to top when I did. Last one was shit so doesn't count  :P

Felt good at the end of the week, moving well (mostly) and climbing rate very much improved over start of the year. Even though I fell off the target routes it highlighted some technical weaknesses far better than the successes so far. Also, the failures were proper falls, not my usual gibbering taaaaaaake.

No climbing this coming weekend then some focus on the projects.

webbo

• forum hero
STG get some goals.
Mon wall good session.managed a problem that i couldn't work how to finish,found a way that was piss.rest bof it still felt hard.
Tue. nowt.
Wed.day off work as it was my 55th birthday.pissing down.went to leeds wall.did 4 x v6 and 4 x v5 which included a couple of things i couldn't touch 2 weeks ago.out for a meal in the evening.
Thu. rough.
Fri. nowt.
Sat. deadhanging.struggled to do the same session as i did last week. out on my bike 3 hours.
Sun. went to leeds wall after dropping daughter off at work.new problems no grades though.did 3 reds and all the greens.ok session.
Struggling to find some goals i.e. problems outside within a reasonable distance. 

Charles

• addict
Eek. Missed last week's. But to be honest, I can still remember the three moments of exercise I've had in the last two weeks. Pretty much every other day has involved copious amounts of alcohol since I finished exams.

31st May - Abortive attempt at Aplomb. Bottled second pitch after pulling a couple of holds off and generally wussing out. Probably for the best had an exam the day after.

6th June - had a run.

8th June - dragged to the Climbing Works by Toby. Despite lack of climbing and masses of drinking, still managed to get up some reasonable things. Felt quite springy.

Lots of 21st birthdays coming up in next couple o weeks but gonna try reign in the excess drinking. Hard to find motivation to go climbing when full of beer induced lethargy.

chris05

• forum abuser
M: rest
T: 4m run & core
W: travel to scotland
T: 5m walk, 3.5m trail run & core
F: 6m fell run, core & bouldering at tom riach boulder
S: 5m walk
S: 6m fell run

Mainly spent seeing my parents in scotland. Great to be back up north although weather prevented doing much in the mountains. Reasonable milleage on some hard runs. Nice to get back on some probs which felt hard previously and now felt much easier. Ate way too much cake!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal