UKBouldering.com

High quality compact film camera (Read 1871 times)

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
High quality compact film camera
June 05, 2010, 11:21:06 am
Preferably something with a nice lens like a zeiss or similar...has to take 35mm!
Budget up to around the £300 mark, would like something that works with ISO1600 film as well, full manual controls are a major plus.
Been looking at Yaschica, Contax, and older Ricoh stuff, but very much open to suggestions since I am not super knowledgable in this area.
Your help is much appreciated :)

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
#1 Re: High quality compact film camera
June 05, 2010, 11:24:41 am
Would consider something like a contax G2 if compact enough lenses can be sourced, as close to pocket size as possible!

chummer

• forum abuser
#2 Re: High quality compact film camera
June 05, 2010, 01:45:32 pm
Hi James,

I have a Ricoh GR1s 35mm in mint condition, i bought it new, probably had less than 10 films through it, and has been stored in my other Ricoh digital box since I swapped over. I cannot recommend this camera enough especially with slide film and so was going to keep it for that next trip to the back of beyond that I'll hope to go on again at some point in the future...However, having just bought the d90 I would consider selling this for the right price although it pains me to consider it! Make me a sensible offer if you're interested.
cheers
Jon

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
#3 Re: High quality compact film camera
June 06, 2010, 03:10:39 pm
I would very much consider that, can you message me with a ballpark figure?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal