UKBouldering.com

Blog.dumby.info (Read 16524 times)

comPiler

• forum hero
Dumby.info is now on Facebook – So ‘Like Us’
30 July 2011, 3:24 pm

I’ve made a Facebook page for Dumby.info, it’s HERE so go and Like it! I’ll put news, videos, photos, blog posts etc and anything else I can think of.

Source: Blog.dumby.info

comPiler

• forum hero
#26 The Climbing Academy Glasgow – More photos
September 11, 2011, 06:58:52 am
The Climbing Academy Glasgow – More photos
1 August 2011, 7:40 pm

Here’s some more photos from TCA. Things are taking shape very quickly down there and the sheer quantity, steepness and height of the walls are more apparent than ever now a large chunk of it has been plyed. Mid/late September is still the proposed opening date too, so not too long to wait! Click the photos to enlarge.

comPiler

• forum hero
#27 Dumby Wallpapers
Dumby Wallpapers
16 August 2011, 8:31 pm

I’ve created a desktop wallpaper from a photo I took at the top of the headwall a few months ago. Just select your screen resolution from the list below, then right click it and save the wallpaper to your desktop. I’ll maybe make some more at some point if people say nice things about this one.

comPiler

• forum hero
#28 The Climbing Academy Glasgow
The Climbing Academy Glasgow
17 August 2011, 8:21 pm

Here’s a few more photos I took today. The majority of the wall is now plyed and most of that has also had its first coat of paint. It’s still looking amazing just in case anyone was wondering.  

comPiler

• forum hero
#29 The Prow – TCA Glasgow
The Prow – TCA Glasgow
29 August 2011, 5:05 pm

A few more photos from TCA. The prow that’s been created is easily one of the coolest features I’ve seen in a climbing wall. Thom, hoovering in the photos, is about 6 foot if that helps give you a sense of scale. It’s massive!  

comPiler

• forum hero
#30 Slice of Squam
Slice of Squam
31 August 2011, 5:13 pm

Sqaumish may possibly be the polar opposite of Dumby but here’s an awesome little video which should get you psyched none-the-less. Enjoy.

comPiler

• forum hero
#31 A random email
A random email
9 September 2011, 11:00 pm

The Eagle Boulder

You can’t miss the Eagle boulder, it’s the first boulder to greet you every time you arrive at Dumby. I’d never really thought about or heard any reason for it being called the Eagle boulder but I got an interesting email today…

“My name is Brian Crichton, and I live in Penryn Cornwall, I recently lost my Father, and as I was doing research for a book about his life I happened accross your site and thought you might be interested in a story he told me about himself as a boy.

In 1936 my father Colin scaled the rock and using a length of rope pulled up tin’s of paint and brushes and painted a Golden Eagle on the top. He was only16 at the time. The Eagle was refreshed in 1979 by Colin’s nephew Billy Wilson and some friend’s.”

Since I wasn’t born when the Eagle was re-painted and have only really been climbing at Dumbarton for 4 years I’ve no idea really where this Eagle was painted. On the slab, facing the Clyde, there is still the faint remains of a Lion Rampant that was painted at some point too which I also know very little about. Maybe this replaced the Eagle at some point, or maybe the Eagle has just completely vanished due to over 30 years for weathering by the Scottish elements. I’d be interested to find out more  if anyone knows any more about it.

It would be nice if the Eagle returned to Dumby one day…

comPiler

• forum hero
#32 Not long to go…
September 24, 2011, 08:28:41 am
Not long to go…
23 September 2011, 5:30 pm

It’s looking a lot more like a bouldering wall down at TCA these days with over half the walls set and the majority of the matting in place. In a few more weeks, Glasgow will have one of the best dedicated bouldering facilities….anywhere. Psyched!  

comPiler

• forum hero
#33 TCA Glasgow opens its doors tomorrow!
October 21, 2011, 01:00:25 am
TCA Glasgow opens its doors tomorrow!
20 October 2011, 7:30 pm

TCA is opening its doors tomorrow at 12pm! It’s been a long time coming but is without a doubt going to be worth the wait. I had the chance to climb there on Sunday at their test run and it did not disappoint. The sheer quantity and high quality of problems definitely makes it one of the best walls in the country, if not further afield.  

I’ll stop telling you how good it is because you can decide for yourself in less than 24 hours. Here’s a few more photos before you get to see the real thing.  

comPiler

• forum hero
TCA Glasgow’s Inaugural Boulder Competition
18 December 2011, 9:26 pm

Here’s a few shots from the boulder competition last weekend. I’d have taken more/better shots if I hadn’t been climbing but I couldn’t resist having a climb myself. Next competition is on Saturday the 4th February! (Click photos to enlarge)  

comPiler

• forum hero
Looking for the latest Dumby conditions?
12 May 2012, 1:42 pm

Dumby

Look no further. If you’re on Twitter and down at Dumby, Tweet conditons with #isitglassy and a feed of all these tweets are shown on Dumby.info and right here. @dumbyinfo your posts and i’ll also re-tweet and put on facebook.  

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#36 Re: Blog.dumby.info
July 17, 2012, 12:28:38 pm
BBC Radio2 right now. They're having a discussion about the graffitti removal, you'll have to put up with listening to the bell end that is Jeremy Vine though. Shame.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Look no further. If you’re on Twitter and down at Dumby, Tweet conditons with #isitglassy and a feed of all these tweets are shown on Dumby.info and right here. @dumbyinfo your posts and i’ll also re-tweet and put on facebook. 

UKB innovation leading the way in social media.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal