UKBouldering.com

Calling Sheffield golfers (Read 11682 times)

hairich

• obsessive maniac
#25 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 02, 2010, 12:06:08 am
what ya mean ya cant wait to dress like a pimp.have you no mirrors in any of your houses dylan

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#26 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 02, 2010, 08:32:00 pm
There are lots of similarities between golf and climbing.

Golf requires you to spend loads on money on equipment that doesn't acutally make you a better golfer.

Golf requires all family holidays to be planned around golf courses.

Golfers wear silly clothes.

Golfer's talk in cant.

Golfers cheat like fuck when banging on about ethics.

Golfers can talk you trough a whole round shot by shot, mimining their swing too.

enough already?

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#27 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 02, 2010, 08:47:05 pm
Never mind all this barracking, Dylan. Here's the good news. Whilst in Sainsbury's this morning stealing fruit and hiding it in a grumpy two year old, I spied their latest special offer - end of the magazines aisle. A set of the finest Dunlop "Whack-Fuck" bats that  £119.95 can buy. Absolute bargain, and with a lovely blue bag to keep all 14 of them in.....

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#28 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 02, 2010, 08:49:51 pm
So you're keen to be the caddy for the day then, I'd actually pay good money to hear you shout out ' I think Sir needs the number 7 whack fuck bat'

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#29 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 02, 2010, 11:09:19 pm
I don't think that would be wise - my brief flirtations with the world of whack-fuck have been fraught with difficulties....for example, the time a famous Sheffield climber/wannabee golfer took me and several other routesetting reprobates for a session at a driving range near Brum. We all had a ball, but everybody else got most upset. Mr Moffatt got vexed with Pickles for scuffing his bespoke driver caused by a shot that looked more like he was digging for oil, me and the weasel got thrown off the putting green simply because we found that the grass was a suitably comfy place for a rather hungover kip, all the staff got wise to us driving with all our might across the lake in a pretty good set of attempts to kill the resident ducks, and then to cap it all there was the police checkpoint on the way home which ended up with Jerry having to spend a lot of time doing some 'explaining' to the contstabulary.

Golf - its alright for an hour or so, but then I'd rather do something thats more fun (like sticking pins in my eyes...)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#30 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 03, 2010, 11:40:09 pm
This thread is genius! I've always hated (playing) golf and golfers generally yet found myself at a driving range with some scrotes today and I have to admit that it was mildly fun, although with hindsight, this may have been more to do with the fact that said scrotes were worse than I!

I admired the technicality, the precision required and the talent of expert proponents. However, I'm not converted and you can count me out...

Also, wack-fuck is an absolutely brilliant phrase!

al123

• menacing presence
#31 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 04, 2010, 12:43:11 am
golf is a good walk spoilt. crazy golf on the other hand is awesome.
haha i have that on my tea mug at home!!! i think a thread is needed for people to celerbrate and show off their tea drinking mugs ;D

andy_e

• forum hero
#32 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 05, 2010, 01:23:25 am
Was one of the said shit whack-fucking scrotes the crouch Si?

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#33 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 07, 2010, 10:30:02 pm
Aye Crouchy, I'm by no means good but would be keen. Fonz won the Cobra driving tournament and is the most deadly serious sportsman in the world so I might drop that invite but sure Donnelly would be keen. Make this dream a reality.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#34 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 07, 2010, 10:32:33 pm
My clubs have now arrived and I've had a session at the driving range with them.  So maybe we should have an East vs West vs a bit further North meet?

So far we have Uptown, Rich, Nik..............and the Scouse lot?

nik at work

• forum hero
#35 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 08, 2010, 08:07:15 am
Sounds good Dylan. I also like Uptowns World Cup football idea. I know this is a bit off topic but if people are interested in a Sheffield v Rest of the World (or even a little tournament if we can get the numbers) 5-a-side kick about/have a laugh maybe they could say so either on here or PM me??
If it looks like the numbers would make it a go-er I'll start a new thread. (sorry for the hijack Dylan).

nik at work

• forum hero
#36 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 08, 2010, 08:29:33 am
Actually why would people with an interest in a five-a-side game read a thread about golf? They wouldn't, I'll just start a new thread.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#37 Re: Calling Sheffield golfers
June 10, 2010, 09:20:35 pm
I'm a golf punter but would still enjoy the craic like.  Hession has been keen for years I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal