UKBouldering.com

MTB Forks Suggestions Wanted (Read 12160 times)

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
#25 Re: MTB Forks Suggestions Wanted
May 06, 2011, 02:55:22 pm
got an air compressor at work i could borrow - anyone tried this avid caliper surgery?

heelhookofglory

• menacing presence
    • SPC
#26 Re: MTB Forks Suggestions Wanted
May 08, 2011, 09:15:30 am
I've done this many times in the workshop but I just used a track pump and that was plenty to pop out the piston, as long as you cover all other air escape points of course. Very easy to do and will sort your problem nicely. Use a little bit of a nice silicone lube on the seals / piston edges when re-assembling as grease can introduce air into your brake fluid :-)

Give me a shout if you need any pointers but it really is very straight forward.

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
#27 Re: MTB Forks Suggestions Wanted
May 11, 2011, 04:16:52 pm
I've done this many times in the workshop but I just used a track pump and that was plenty to pop out the piston, as long as you cover all other air escape points of course. Very easy to do and will sort your problem nicely. Use a little bit of a nice silicone lube on the seals / piston edges when re-assembling as grease can introduce air into your brake fluid :-)

Give me a shout if you need any pointers but it really is very straight forward.

ta, between brake rub and headwinds i'm starting to hate riding down the canal to work!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal