UKBouldering.com

Paul Smitton does Dog's Dinner traverse (Read 23250 times)

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
Nice one Smitton!

clm

• forum hero
foliage dab

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I think it makes more sense and has always been tried as a left to right traverse.
I did notice the other day that someone has semi clean the obvious good looking highball prob under the start of Taylor Made (LH Cornice), just need it to dry out now. looks like it will be a cracker.
I reckon the jet wash idea is a winner. once the tunnels are open it won't be such an epic task to lug all the gear down there....

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
There are portable jet washes for bikes now that run off rechargable batteries, might be the ticket, just don't let the wildlife trust spot you.

dave

i recon when the tide is in you could raft in from buxton end.

Ethan

• obsessive maniac
Thought about the jet-washer idea too for cleaning Nemesis, deffo seems like the way, or some kind of pump from the river...

clm

• forum hero
There are portable jet washes for bikes now that run off rechargable batteries, might be the ticket, just don't let the wildlife trust spot you.

I think theyll twig anyway when they see the massive white stripe down the crag.
What exactly is coming off? Is it plantlife or just that weird limey crud that seems to contain a lot of cobweb? They can't complain too much about the latter. Its only water after all.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
that's a great great effort!
bestia.

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
Does it go fully to the right end of the crag (finishing on an obvious hold) or does it finish up one of the up problems. How long / many moves is it?

casa

• addict
Nice little write up regarding this on Mr McClure's blog

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Nice little write up regarding this on Mr McClure's blog

...which can be read here

:wall:

Doylo

• forum hero

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Nice one Chris.  :bounce:

uptown

• junky
Does it go fully to the right end of the crag (finishing on an obvious hold) or does it finish up one of the up problems. How long / many moves is it?

It starts at the top of the lefthand bank and finishes at the top of the righthand bank, so traversing the entire buttress. Although Steve said it's still 8c+ to the 'rest' where Paul climbed up to the higher finishing traverse (this is where the low extension will push it to 9a+). Too long with too many moves for most, though it breaks down into 4 (or 5) distinct sections with 'rests' in between.
Doyle - nice vid but stay away from me with your reportage if I'm ever red-pointing hard - I couldn't handle the interview/climbing combo as well as Steve did!

Doylo

• forum hero
Doyle - nice vid but stay away from me with your reportage if I'm ever red-pointing hard - I couldn't handle the interview/climbing combo as well as Steve did!

Ha ha, i was surprised how chatty he was. must be cos it wasn't a 'proper go'

casa

• addict
Fook me he's got some serious back muscle action when he climbs past Doylo @ approx.7min. Mr Mutation by christ!!! :)

JC

• addict
Mcclure completed the 9a/+ version today   8)

Doylo

• forum hero

boulderingbacon

• menacing presence
nice effort looks sick. i was wondering when the traverse is as long as that do you use the same sequence every time you attempt to do it or do you just make your way across as you feel.

MrF

• regular
nice effort looks sick. i was wondering when the traverse is as long as that do you use the same sequence every time you attempt to do it or do you just make your way across as you feel.
at that grade, I can't imagine you are spoilt for options!

dave

ditto that - its not gonna be like the broomgrove road traverse.

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
Nothing like being heckled as you climb 9a+... "You gonna get a bat hang in here Steve?"

dave

Quote from: Troy McClure
...The first half makes up an amazing section in its own rite.....

EPIC GRAMMAR FAIL
 :jaw:

uptown

• junky
Great effort - this shuffle should become a rite of passage for potential wads. I for one really appreciate Steves honesty in admitting he can't tell how hard 'easy' climbing is anymore - the extension is somewhere between v9 and v11.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal