UKBouldering.com

Bouldering in and around Essen Germany (Read 1798 times)

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
Bouldering in and around Essen Germany
May 14, 2010, 01:26:01 pm
I have the pleasure of spending quite a bit of time midweek in Essen in Germany.

I have already found citymonkey bouldering wall, though the people were nice enough I found that is really wasn't the best indoor wall I have been to. It's about the same size as the Matrix but with bad lighting, walls that I don't think have been cleaned since it opened and holds so dirty that it can be hard telling a yellow from a grey :-S

I have found on the net an outdoor climbing wall in Dortmund in the old iron ore (I think) works , and a climbing wall in Dusseldorf, the think is they both look like they only have roped climbing which is hard to do when your on your tod.

So, anyone know of anywhere other than citymonkey which is in easy reach of Essen centre by public transport that has bouldering?

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

bkb...

rootask

• regular
there's a routing wall in altenessen, but its got worse bouldering than city monkey. you could ask some locals in there

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
Thanks for that :-)

just found it, it's just a short walk away from where I will be.

bkb...

zemike

• regular
there are some natural/quarried grit-outcrops in the ruhrtal s & se of essen; udini.de had some topos & directions but they are removed actually...
ask some locals at the plastic-walls, they should know about the stuff (nangijala & hängende gärten).
pm me if you can't get any info

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal