UKBouldering.com

Are TalkTalk still crap? (Read 15068 times)

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Are TalkTalk still crap?
May 17, 2010, 12:13:41 pm
I just found out that my neighbour has TalkTalk broadband and is getting around 18mb connection speeds! I'm still with BT/Plusnet and get around 6mb on a good day. Doesn't look like BT have any plans in the near future on upgrading their kit to the ADSL+2 that TalkTalk already have (24mb max speed)

So should I change back to TalkTalk, even though the last time I was with them (3 years ago) they were useless on every level.  :shrug:

Anyone using them at the mo? Have they improved?

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing

dave

#2 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
May 17, 2010, 12:19:55 pm
Someone at my work had some bassive run in with them a couple of years back, basically she got no connection and they still charged her. Basically she had a nightmare and took her ages and several letters to various people to get the money back off them etc.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#3 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
May 17, 2010, 12:22:42 pm
It seems like it yes.....

Hmmm, hadn't been following that thread, doesn't sound too good. Is it still causing issues?

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#4 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
May 17, 2010, 12:26:00 pm
Hmm, think I'll hold fire until we can't live without streaming full HD to the TV in the living room. Plusnet don't exactly break the bank (£6.50 a month), and 6mb isn't exactly slow.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#5 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
May 17, 2010, 09:46:13 pm
Have they improved?

Rubbish music. That 'Life's what you make it' drone just epitomizes 80s bombastic dross if you ask me.

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#6 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
May 17, 2010, 10:42:57 pm
Yeah what MrJR (pretty good 80's name in itself) said: and Aztec Camera were shite too while we're in an 80's dissing mode.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#7 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
July 31, 2012, 05:12:53 pm
Hmm, think I'll hold fire until we can't live without streaming full HD to the TV in the living room. Plusnet don't exactly break the bank (£6.50 a month), and 6mb isn't exactly slow.

Just found this topic from Googling for another..funny how much changes in two years ...now on 35mb connection  8) and probably nearly 50% of what we watch is now full HD on iPlayer. Having all the Olympics channels to stream is amazing.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#8 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
July 31, 2012, 08:05:11 pm
I'm on Talktalk as a result of them buying Nildram. No issues really, fast.

tomtom

• forum hero
#9 Are TalkTalk still crap?
July 31, 2012, 09:51:53 pm
I'm on Talktalk as a result of them buying Nildram. No issues really, fast.

Rank speed and unhelpful here in our bit of Manchestershire. I use 3G on the phone as the connection is so droppy. Terrible. Even considering moving to Virgin it's that bad...

Former tiscali customer until They took over.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#10 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
July 31, 2012, 09:56:07 pm
Brilliant as long as you don't need any support.

tomtom

• forum hero
#11 Are TalkTalk still crap?
July 31, 2012, 10:14:14 pm

Or a functioning Internet connection....

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#12 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
July 31, 2012, 10:33:53 pm

Or a functioning Internet connection....

Mines been fine for over two years....  :shrug:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#13 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
August 01, 2012, 08:53:26 am

:agree:

I will never go anywhere near Talk Talk again. Even worse customer service than BT. Who cares how fast the broadband is if when something goes wrong you can't get anyone to fix it (until you've told them you're leaving)?

Don't get me started.  :furious:

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#14 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
August 01, 2012, 10:11:14 am
Talktalk are complete shite. I paid for 10Mb broadband, and received 0.3, then couldn't get through to anyone who spoke english or was closer than 3000 miles away, plus they right royally f*cked up the house move last year and I was left without internet for 3 weeks and then they charged me for the privelige. I bought out my contract last summer and will NEVER EVER in a month of Sundays go back to talk talk. EVER. Even if their service were free. They're crap. Don't do it.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#15 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
August 01, 2012, 10:23:00 am
Damn straight. We were left with intermittent or no internet for about two months and experienced the same. Switched to Sky and the problem was sorted with 2 phone calls and a visit from an engineer.

SamT

• forum hero
#16 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
August 01, 2012, 11:56:09 am
Talktalk are complete shite. I paid for 10Mb broadband, and received 0.3, then couldn't get through to anyone who spoke english or was closer than 3000 miles away, plus they right royally f*cked up the house move last year and I was left without internet for 3 weeks and then they charged me for the privelige. I bought out my contract last summer and will NEVER EVER in a month of Sundays go back to talk talk. EVER. Even if their service were free. They're crap. Don't do it.

:agree:

Damn straight. We were left with intermittent or no internet

Us too.

I'm looking around at the moment -

Virgin on the basis that its actually a 'Fibre to the Home' service in our street (I think) ,
or
Digital Region stuff which is Fibre to Cabinet - see bubba's post a few months ago. http://www.origin-broadband.co.uk/

Its important to get your head round this stuff so you know what you're actually buying.. see
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

Doylo

• forum hero
#17 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
August 01, 2012, 09:05:20 pm
Ironically i've just joined Talk Talk and it went live yesterday. I missed this thread or i probably would have reconsidered. Have to say though no problems so far and it's quick as fuck.  I paid my line rental for the year in one go (114 quid) and now i only have to pay 3.95 a month

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#18 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
December 05, 2012, 05:59:30 pm
Bump- How's it holding up Doylo?

There is an offer at the moment with a free Youview box etc which seems quite good, but have been a little wary of signing up due to all the above comments.

Doylo

• forum hero
#19 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
December 05, 2012, 06:42:21 pm
No issues this end but I haven't needed to ring up about anything yet.

tomtom

• forum hero
#20 Are TalkTalk still crap?
December 05, 2012, 06:53:21 pm
Bump- How's it holding up Doylo?

There is an offer at the moment with a free Youview box etc which seems quite good, but have been a little wary of signing up due to all the above comments.

MrsTTs been on talk talk for ages and I persuaded her to upgrade (extra £7 or 8 a month) and she got a free you view box, and a new router (old one was log) and its all been great so far... I wouldn't pay £250 for a you view box, but as part of the deal its ace.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#21 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
March 20, 2013, 10:52:15 am
There's about a dozen threads on broadband, but this one seems the most recent.

Anyone got broadband from EE? Experience so far? The deal they are currently offering mobile customers looks good. Looking at unlimited broadband plus a phoneline, not bothered about any TV packages or freeview boxes or anything.

Monk

• regular
#22 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
March 20, 2013, 11:45:19 am
Not a very helpful reply, I am afraid, but I'd be interested in any opinions on broadband too. I'm moving house at the moment so am looking for a new provider. Any tips would be welcome.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#23 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
March 20, 2013, 12:05:02 pm
Have a look at www.uswitch.com (or similar) to see what's available at your postcode for starters.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#24 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
March 20, 2013, 03:34:11 pm
When I used to work for Orange I used to dread selling home broadband as it was dire. However things have improved somewhat I believe. I contacted them as I have a pay monthly contract and wondered about getting their deal to go with it. My rural location scuppered plans though as I am outside their broadband area so had to pay something like an extra £10 per month. You may be ok depending on your geographical location but best bet is to ring up and check. I can only get broadband from plusnet or BT apparently.

Coincidentally, if you are on a pay monthly EE contract, check if you are able to move to their new "The Works" tariff. I was paying 31 fuck alls per month for 600 mins, unlimited texts and 250mb data, but swapped to the Works tariff and for 26 fuck alls I ended up getting unlimited calls, texts and 250mb data. Go figure!  :shrug:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#25 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
March 20, 2013, 03:47:29 pm
You're either getting ripped off or you've got your exchange rates mixed up. I believe the current rate is £2.50 to the fuck all.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#26 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
March 20, 2013, 03:49:29 pm
Its an exchange rate fuck up. Change fuck alls to £'s and it'll make sense.  :guilty:

tomtom

• forum hero
#27 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
March 20, 2013, 04:04:22 pm
You're either getting ripped off or you've got your exchange rates mixed up. I believe the current rate is £2.50 to the fuck all.

Still that much? Even given the collapse of the fuck all?

I heard the 'not worth a toss' was resurgent in the currency markets - largely due to the number of wankers moving out of the pound and into tosses. In fact, I overheard a group of city types chatting about doing fuck all as it wasnt worth a toss.. I covered my ears as I felt this might be insider trading (especially given the value of the felch).

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#28 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
November 25, 2014, 07:20:01 pm
There's about a dozen threads on broadband, but this one seems the most recent.

Anyone got broadband from EE? Experience so far? The deal they are currently offering mobile customers looks good. Looking at unlimited broadband plus a phoneline, not bothered about any TV packages or freeview boxes or anything.

Did you go with this, Chris?  Got a call today offering me their deal which is much cheaper than my current broadband with a guarantee that it won't go up after 12 months.

Trying to decide between this and fibre which will be cheaper than current initially but will go up later on.

tomtom

• forum hero
#29 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
November 25, 2014, 07:25:21 pm
Fibre (to cabinet) has been a godsend for us.. (Talktalk).. 30 download all the time. Funnily enough the box in the house is bT branded and was installed by bt. MrsTT negotiated a great deal...

In Hull I've cancelled my broadband and just tether - but they've just wired up my road for fibre to the router.... Up to 100 both ways if you want to pay..

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#30 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
November 25, 2014, 07:27:00 pm
I had to sue the f-kers, and I doubt much has changed since then.

(for the record I won)

tomtom

• forum hero
#31 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
November 25, 2014, 07:29:05 pm
:D I suspect they are all thieving bastards to varying degrees... Like energy suppliers.. Don't get me (or especially oldmanMatt started on Npower....) ;)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#32 Re: Are TalkTalk still crap?
November 25, 2014, 07:31:34 pm
I had to sue the f-kers, and I doubt much has changed since then.

(for the record I won)

talk talk or EE?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal