UKBouldering.com

Another boring injury! (Read 972 times)

fiveknuckle21

• menacing presence
Another boring injury!
May 13, 2010, 10:29:33 am
Just after a bit of general advice. Yesterday, at the wall, and rather stupidly I must add, I through together a mono problem which involved quite a dynamic pop to another hold. The mono was single-pad and flat and the board was 45 degrees.

It felt slightly tweeked when I got home so I did some hot and cold treatment on the whole hand as I thought the origin of the pain was the centre of the hand - although it didnt hurt to apply any pressure at the time. I can still crimp on little holds and drag on two fingers on smaller pockets. It only seems to hurt when I attempt to use the finger by itself on the single pad and again it doesnt hurt when applying pressure to any particular area along the hand or forearm. The pain is not great but theres enough to tell me to stop hanging. I'm sure its something to do with the flexor tendon but what do i know. Maybe a mild sprain? Any advice on informal treatment?

Cheers.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#1 Re: Another boring injury!
May 13, 2010, 10:32:06 am
Don't use heat on a fresh injury

JamesPullan

• Me
#2 Re: Another boring injury!
May 13, 2010, 10:55:58 am
Rest. Don't load it, so no climbing! Once the pain has gone under normal circumstances, gradually build strength up in the hand. Start by gripping thin-air, then progress onto pair of socks rolled into a ball. 

The worst thing to do would be to rush back into it and doing some serious tendon/flexor damage

fiveknuckle21

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Another boring injury!
May 13, 2010, 03:11:11 pm
Does anybody know anything about lumbrical tears?

Cheers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal