UKBouldering.com

Europe bouldering by public transport? (Read 1700 times)

Omar15

• addict
Europe bouldering by public transport?
May 15, 2010, 05:51:52 pm
So my friends ditched me this summer in favour of a job (read: being a knobhead) and so my plans for magic wood in august are scuppered. Does anyone know any places in europe (aside from font) where there's good bouldering and I can get around on public transport as I don't have a car license.

Cheers in advance guys!

Paul B

• forum hero
Ailefroide possibly
Annot?
Albarracin would be a possibility. The camping is a 10 minute drive from the boulders but I doubt you'd have problems getting a lift. Hitching is much easier across the water.

Omar15

• addict
cheers Paul. albarracin looks amazing, would it be too hot in august? and is it possible to get to the town/camping from valencia/madrid airports?

Aquifex

Magic Wood is actually really easy to get to by public transport, there is a bus stop right at the camp site.
Check out http://www.sbb.ch/en and enter "Zurich HB" to "Ferrera Schmelzi", takes 2.5 hours from Zurich. Same goes for Chironico and Cresciano which are too hot in August though; the best places for August are the mountain passes >2000m like Sustenpass and Gotthard which also have daily public transport connections.

Omar15

• addict
YES! fantastic! thank you, I actually can't wait!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal