UKBouldering.com

Knee injury? (Read 967 times)

calum

Knee injury?
May 07, 2010, 09:20:32 pm
3 days ago, I noticed I had a bit of pain in my right knee.  It's very mild and only sore when I straighten my leg and it's tensed.  I took a rest day just in case.  Went climbing again yesterday, didn't notice it when climbing, but the pain is still there when I'm not doing something to take my mind off it.  I usually never have any pain anywhere apart from DOMS when I've been training hard.  This pain feels like it's pretty much in the middle of my knee, not near the surface.

What should I do?  Rest?  Carry on as I do usually, climbing 5 or so days a week and doing other exercise(usually running and core work) on the other days? 

If it helps, I'm 19 and reasonably supple.  Got a lot of big walk ins planned over the summer and a bit paranoid about getting injured.

Cheers

Calum

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
#1 Re: Knee injury?
May 08, 2010, 10:52:52 am
Ease up on the running and sit-starts on problems, maybe do some low impact cardio for a couple of weeks, see how it feels.
I would try some light bodyweight only ass to grass squats (try them with medicine balls if this feels ok), wobble board squats, and a load of leg extensions, do you do any leg specific training at the moment?
If you don't have them already, get some decent orthotics for your running/gym shoes, makes the world of difference to your long term knee health, also helping you transmit power more efficiently through your feet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal