UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 13 (Mon 3rd - Sun 9th) (Read 12068 times)

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
mate have everything left to do there, think boy george (down by Cocytus) will be my new STG, would like to try do it in a session, though Jon says it nails!

sweet, you up for a day or both next weekend? we can plan on wed...

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Shit Lore. Which housemate was kicked out?
not sara, the one you met. just a friend of ours that had to come and stay with us because, unsurprisingly, she had been kicked out from another flat!!!

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Mon - Dinbren. Ticked a nice 7c fairly quickly, should have been 1st RP but took 3.
Tues - 25 mins on Beastmaker
Wed - volume bouldering up 7Aish
Thur/Fri/Sat - not much
Sun - LPT. Tried Mussel Beach, got most of the moves pretty sorted, need good tides to go back and try to redpoint.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Goals:
Find some nice brightly coloured wifebeater vests so I can both be photogenic and not overheat.

Last week:
Mon - n/a
Tue - 1 hour energetic moshing @ Bolt Thrower gig, Good core training.
Wed - 2 steady sport routes @ Smalldale, okay, got pumped on one, back off another route.
Thu - n/a, shoulder sore from sleeping funny.
Fri - 1 good steep jamming trad lead, 1 hour medium bouldering @ Duntelchaig, both good diverse training.
Sat - 4 good trad leads @ Ardmair, climbed well and with confidence
Sun - 2 good trad leads @ Lochan Dubh, again climbed well and pushed on through a steep crux / 2 steady sport leads @ Moy Rock, difficult route reading and got cross and pumped on one but pushed through due to stubborness, good. Finger slightly sore due to pressure from holds.

Comments:
Ace week, particularly the Bolt Thrower gig (discovered a new way to mosh from the core, more suitable for the short haired, and less damaging to the neck, kinda useful as my neck and shoulders have been stiff and sore from sleeping funny most of the week) and the weekend which is one of the best weekends I've had for years. Funnily enough I found my previous week's indoor training didn't seem to help much with sport stamina (still got very pumped) but did help with my trad confidence - I had an unusually high level of committment and go-for-it, something I very rarely achieve, and I made good use out of it. Will keep trying to capitalise on this if I can, and otherwise keep mixing it up with bouldering and sport which I'm finding useful for the syke. I need to do more antagonistic exercises as although my body is okay, neck and shoulders need some work.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal