UKBouldering.com

Help needed at woolley edge - wakefield leeds and sheff based folk? (Read 2282 times)

antwan

Hello All you nice folk on UKB

You may or may not have heard of a place called Woolley Edge Quarry

You may or may not have already been, It doesn't really matter that much just as long as you can climb.

I have landed the glamorous job of writing up this little gem of a local crag for the forth coming Yorkshire grit guide, and as I am not a boulder'er, and none of the routes have previously been recorded in an official manner I am going to put together a 'Climb/Grade/Name' a route day

Basically turn up, If you climb a line and your the first with a sensible name (No Woolley jumper's etc...) That will be the one used in the guide.

I want to keep to some sort of ethics, so if you cant climb it, you cant name it. And there will be an 'Named By' list opposed to FA's unless you do actually climb something mega impressive that does look like a true FA as most of the lines have been climbed in the past.

As a proposed date, I would like to put forward 12th of may from 5 till dusk depending on who is available/weather etc...

Please feel free to post on here or email me through the forums with any thoughts, suggestion and offers of help

Thanks

Antwan

(P.S. a stiff brush may be useful)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I've no idea where this is, Google located this reference.

Any further hints?

tomtom

• forum hero

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I was purposefully refraining from posting a lmgtfy link (for once  ;))

antwan

Yes thats the place, there is a map on the guide in progress page.

I'm hoping that at least one person will be able to make it who can throw some V grade about for the guide, there is also some topo's on wikitopo but most of the routes have trad style grades, which for 3 meter problems is not Ideal

Sorry It took me so long to get back to you

Hope to see you there?

andy_e

• forum hero
I genuinely don't see what's wrong with calling a problem there Woolley Jumper. Have you been given strict instructions to not accept cheesy but fitting problem names?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal