UKBouldering.com

renting crash pads in Magic Wood (Read 7087 times)

kmccoy37

renting crash pads in Magic Wood
March 26, 2010, 10:20:09 pm
I am going to Magic Wood in July and was wanting to know what it costs to rent crash pads there. Thanks for any help!

Also does anybody have any updated information about the Gasthaus prices?

Mark

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#1 Re: renting crash pads in Magic Wood
March 26, 2010, 11:19:15 pm
not stayed in the gausthaus for ages, complete rip-off. real shame.
don't know if there is anywhere to rent pads from?

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#2 Re: renting crash pads in Magic Wood
March 29, 2010, 10:41:23 am
May be worth asking Thomasz (sp?)/ His mrs via facebook - they have a profile as Bodhi climbing and run the campsite from the log cabin where you pay to stay/can buy food&clothing/ read magazines..etc

They didn't have a pad rental scheme in place last summer but may have by now  :shrug:

andy_e

• forum hero
#3 Re: renting crash pads in Magic Wood
March 29, 2010, 08:18:15 pm
Maybe we should set one up and live out there all summer Rich!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#4 Re: renting crash pads in Magic Wood
March 30, 2010, 09:03:51 am
Surely we'd run out of 7A's to struggle up and get fat on free beer from the water trough courtesy of Frank  ;)

BenF

• forum hero
#5 Re: renting crash pads in Magic Wood
March 30, 2010, 02:36:17 pm
I thought you'd climbed 7a+ now Rich?  Maybe I was mistaken. 

However, I am sure you did that 6c thing at Apremont, whats its name?  Onde de something.

Paul B

• forum hero
#6 Re: renting crash pads in Magic Wood
March 30, 2010, 06:39:02 pm
May be worth asking Thomasz (sp?)/ His mrs via facebook - they have a profile as Bodhi climbing and run the campsite from the log cabin where you pay to stay/can buy food&clothing/ read magazines..etc/knock loudly on the side of you van and demand that you drive it the 20 mins down to the campsite whilst clearly drunk/leave childish post it notes on your windscreen when you indeed move to the campsite the next day/require you to fill in a police registration form to stay on their site

kmccoy37

#7 Re: renting crash pads in Magic Wood
March 30, 2010, 06:46:27 pm
ok well thanks. We have been in contact with the people at the campsite but they must be way behind on their emails because it takes weeks for them to email us back. In previous emails they have said they will start renting crash pads this summer. Hopefully its not too expensive as we will be there for 2 weeks onn our 8 week euro trip and it will not be financially possible to bring our pads. Any other ideas??

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#8 Re: renting crash pads in Magic Wood
March 31, 2010, 11:25:34 pm
Why not get one of the smaller pads, better than nowt? Failing that there are normally a few people travelling solo or pairs looking for an extra spotter or two just go for a wander or ask about.

As for the campsite first time we camped  2 years ago it was ace. Last year in the van same as Paul B. They were rude, questioned our moments and left us a bit miffed with the whole situation. 

Paul B

• forum hero
#9 Re: renting crash pads in Magic Wood
March 31, 2010, 11:29:07 pm
Amen to that. Plus they let their dog run around the bark chippings pissing everywhere which isn't pleasant (nor is it that amusing) as thats were you guys are going to be sleeping. Plus his Skoda has comically small wheels for a car banging out the hardcore german rap  :shrug:

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#10 Re: renting crash pads in Magic Wood
April 01, 2010, 12:04:29 am
Paul I feel your pain brother. I don't mind paying as it keeps the locals happy and access sweet, but 10 Swiss or so for a porta loo and to be treated like a thief no thanks......

RASTATA

• addict
just see that you could rent a crashpad for 10 chf a day

more info here http://www.bodhi.ch/bodhicamping

:)

a dense loner

• forum hero
or u could borrow one of the 40 stored under boulders as u walk round. if i do this i just use it in that area then return it b4 moving on. during wk only, its quite rare for there to be more than a few people during wk. sat n sun i wouldn't do this i'd rest, its heaving n not pleasant

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal