the shizzle > topos - bouldering

Bouldering with kids in The Peak

(1/6) > >>

Tom76:
Hi,
I spent Easter in Bleu and saw lots climber bringing their kids along - almost all of the sectors are perfect for this: flat and with easy access.

Now I'm planning going to the Peaks on both of the bank holiday weekends in May.

Could you recommend to me a place where I could go with my wife and the 2 year-old son, which would be reasonably easy to access and also fun to be at for non-climbers?

Thanks,
Thomas

chris05:
I dont have kids but there's often something resembling a creche amongst the top boulders at cratcliff! Nice spot for picnic and quite flat. Bit of a walk in (shortish) but maybe an option?

Sloper:
Indeed Cratcliffe would be fine, but there's also the plantation which probably has more scope froma  toddler's perspective.  I took Hugo who's 3 at the end of August and he did a fine mini circuit around there comprising of

1. the descent from the business boulder, 1pt of aid to start
2. the slab on the left of that low traverse near the bullworker, again 1 pt of aid
3. a mantle then slab near the arete to the right of deliverences
4. the slab to the left of dope on a slope
and assorted other bits and bobs.

Little beast that he is.

tomtom:
On the western side, I went to Wimbery for the first time, and thought what a lovely spot it was - lots of easy slabby probs and smaller boulders/stream to play in too..

SpanishJuan:
Cratcliffe always has alot of children mucking around on boulders Chris05 is right. the only issue is parking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version