UKBouldering.com

cromlech/RAC boulders?? (Read 2181 times)

al123

• menacing presence
cromlech/RAC boulders??
April 17, 2010, 09:59:49 am
hi all, i might be going to cromlech boulders or the RAC boulders today and i was wondering are there easy grades there aswell as hard ones for a beginner like me, i have had a look at the UKC logbook stuff but would like some more info as to what the routes are like. also im right in thinking that the RAC boulders are on private land so how do i go about asking the landowner, do i just walk up and knock on his door and ask him nicely,and what if he isnt in??
Also what is a good climbing and bouldering guide for north wales?? the north wales bouldering guide looks ok but not too keen on the black and white,any opinions??
cheers in advance

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#1 Re: cromlech/RAC boulders??
April 17, 2010, 10:04:53 am
There's plenty of easy stuff at both venues. I'm not aware of any special access arrangements for RAC. I thought you were OK just turning up there, but I could be wrong about that. NWB is the only good guide.

grimer

• forum hero
#2 Re: cromlech/RAC boulders??
April 17, 2010, 10:08:47 am
Both are good for easier problems, although personally i think RAC, while being a bit more limited, is a lot nicer. I find the climbing on the Cromlech boulders a little bit grim, and it's also a lot busier and right beside a busy road. Both have really nice views.

Either way you can't go wrong. The guide that you mention is the one to get, and it's got all the info you will need. If you're down that way go and ask in one of the climbing shops in Llanberis and you'll get good advice.

No, I don't think you do have to knock on any doors for the RAC boulders.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: cromlech/RAC boulders??
April 17, 2010, 01:02:06 pm
the north wales bouldering guide looks ok but not too keen on the black and white,any opinions??

I think it's a great guide, if it's the B&W style you don't like, you can always colour it in with crayons.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal