UKBouldering.com

volcano madnesss (Read 24184 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#100 Re: volcano madnesss
April 21, 2010, 11:28:07 pm
When I saw that PaulB had posted on this thread I felt sure that it would have been due to him being on
A: the only plane to fall out of the sky due to ash
B: the list of 3 people being sued for making the ash cloud
C: some grim industrial island populated by sex starved 20 stone leather clad joy-boys which doesn't have another flight out for 12 months

Thank god he's OK

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#101 Re: volcano madnesss
April 21, 2010, 11:57:58 pm
Loved every minute of it.   Mostly as this ugly fucker stopped hedge-cutting directly over my pad at 2pm every goddamn day

Paul B

• forum hero
#102 Re: volcano madnesss
April 22, 2010, 12:09:03 am
what the hell is that thing? It looks like a blimp mated with an (ugly) boeing.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#103 Re: volcano madnesss
April 22, 2010, 12:29:27 am
That's the Hunchback Dolphin Plane. Brought onto this earth to make pug dogs look not-quite-so-fucking-ugly mainly by being much bigger and more annoying than any lap-style dog can ever be.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#104 Re: volcano madnesss
April 22, 2010, 09:41:54 am
It's the Mekon's plane.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mekon for any youths who don't know what I'm talking about).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#105 Re: volcano madnesss
April 22, 2010, 10:59:49 am

dave

#106 Re: volcano madnesss
April 22, 2010, 11:11:33 am
I'm almost enough of a cynic these days to believe that they always intended to bide by the regs, but they know if they pretended for a few days that they wouldn't it'd be a lot of free publicity for them. Either way......FUCKING CUNTS.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#107 Re: volcano madnesss
April 22, 2010, 11:18:48 am
I wouldn't put anything past that fucker O'Leary.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
#108 Re: volcano madnesss
April 22, 2010, 11:43:22 am
Amazing!  Any kind of govt interference they don't like, they kick and scream until they're sick - natural disaster that infringes their ability to screw the public make a profit, they expect a governement bail out -

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE63I1EW.htm

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#109 Re: volcano madnesss
April 22, 2010, 02:53:17 pm
Amazingly, Ryanair have backed down.
Yes, but since it's now impossible to check in online they can still skin everyone for £40 each when they have to check in at the airport, so I doubt they're too worried about paying the compensation as they'll no doubt get a large proportion of it back through scamming folk another way.   :wank:

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#110 Re: volcano madnesss
April 24, 2010, 09:03:43 pm
We got back from Portugal last night having had to spend an extra week because of flight cancelations. It wasn't much of an amazing extra weeks holidays when you have the stress and expense of trying to work out the best way of getting home when there are no flights, and any that are put on could potentially be cancelled at a moments notice. If our flight yesterday had been cancelled, we would have had the joy of a 28 hour train journey to Paris (next Wednesday - earliest available) with our 2 year old sat on our laps in a standard seat - no sleeping cars on the train. Then a Eurostar to London, then a massively ocverpriced train to Sheffield and a taxi ride home to pay for, before driving back over to Liverpool to collect our car. Not my idea of fun really. We had to book all these tickets anyway as a backup plan, and have lost out big style as a result.... the refunds on tickets are normally only a percentage of what they cost (and in Portugal you can pay on a card, but you get your refund in cash - here's your 550€ Mr Bishton in 10€ notes!)
I, for one, have never been so glad to get on an Easyjet flight as I was last night. A extra weeks holiday full of stress and uncertainty, an extra grands worth of expense that you haven't budgeted for, and a load of extra hassle with work (particularly for the missus) isn't the massive jolly bonus that some people assume it might be....

WTF Gordon was doing sending the Ark Royal into the Channel, God alone knows. Maybe he just wanted to try deploying some big warships before he gets booted out?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#111 Re: volcano madnesss
April 24, 2010, 09:09:51 pm
Maybe he just wanted to try deploying some big warships before he gets booted out?
:lol:

clm

• forum hero
#112 Re: volcano madnesss
April 25, 2010, 07:04:41 am
apparently the budget airlines have to leave one card which they dont charge for using. Its called escape and you can get it from phones 4 u. No booking charges apparently. You pay a tenner then can top up what you want. Jims mate said.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#113 Re: volcano madnesss
April 25, 2010, 08:47:16 am
We got back from Portugal last night having had to spend an extra week because of flight cancelations.

Volcano shit aside, how was the trip?

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#114 Re: volcano madnesss
April 25, 2010, 08:41:08 pm
Very nice thanks. Not a huge amount of boulders, but perfect for a weeks trip..... ::) Takes a day or two for the skin to adapt to the grain, but some great little areas.

Pic nicked off the Earls website - I've just realised why he was so keen to spot, the cheeky twat!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:06:29 pm by Percy B »

dave

#115 Re: volcano madnesss
May 16, 2010, 10:17:19 pm
HA HA! Only peanuts to them really, but its the thought that counts, cunts.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:25:53 pm by dave »

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#116 Re: volcano madnesss
May 23, 2010, 04:38:06 am
Wrong association. Eyjafjoll's activity in the past has sometimes been related to eruptions of it's near-neighbour Katla rather than Hekla. The danger from Katla is more from 'jokalhaup' - glacier melt induced flooding - than from the direct impact of volcanic products.
The last eruption of Eyjafjoll 200 years ago actually did not trigger any eruptions from its neighbour and so far there is no evidence it will trigger anything this time either.

OK, maybe the first signs of life from next door - the first notes of the "Jaws" music may be appropriate about now.
http://www.volcanolive.com/volcanolive.html

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal