UKBouldering.com

La dame Jouanne restaurant, opening times (Read 10463 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
There's always Buffalo Grill... bit cheesy but decent food, and they can cope with the kind of large parties/ short notice that seems to send every other restaurant in font into blind panic.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Word
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFF

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
There's always Buffalo Grill... bit cheesy but decent food.

Do you have no taste buds? do you enjoy bad service? do you have a big wallet?  :o

You can either go to buffallo grill, or you can get the same level of food,cheaper with better service at McDonalds  :'(

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Bad service? Are you serious? Service has always been fantastic. Everytime we've been in font and wanted to go out as a big party for a birthday, they've been the only place to even consider accomodating us. Everywhere else, you get "Quinze? Anglais? Non."

Don't have any complaints about the price/ quality either. Comparing to MacD's only suggests to me you've never been in. You think you could get Carpaccio like that (not amazing, but right at the price) in a fast food place in the UK?

nik at work

• forum hero
There's only one place to eat in Fontainebleau and that is Chez Guy. The man is a legend.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
just an update on all you fans out there, I was parked there the other day, the place is under full renovation with a new restaurant opening in january next year

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
excellent news, just hope it manages to retain its charm

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
excellent news, just hope it manages to retain its charm photos of Pete Robins

dave

I hope they still give you a kilo of gherkins and a terrine the size of a bathtub for starters.

north_country_boy

• junky
Magnifique!  :thumbsup:

I hope its open again when we are there in January, and as Dave says you can get still get the amazing Terrine for starters!

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
thats  dame good news
 :-[

Stef

• player
There is, from this july, a new italian restaurant just next door to my place.
not only a pizza place, but a proper italiano with very good pasta, meat, etc.
and they are open lunch and dinner, but mondays.
It is located just at the cormer of the main cross road, by the central traffic light of La Chapelle la Reine.
Decent price and good food can only be recommendable, especially when those rainy days are around, and that we still stay hopefull for dryer times...

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
Sorry Stef, we went to the Italian weekend before last.
Not very impressed. The starters were basic and not cooked yet took nearly an hour to arrive after ordering. One starter had roast veg, not sure when roasted as they were chilled (most likely had just come out of fridge). Choice of main course was pizza, pasta, fish or meat.
Meat didn't come with salad, didn't come with veg, didn't come with chips, but instead came with.......spagetti  :shrug: same sauce over all both. Nothing done very well.
None of us had fish (no idea if you get fish and spagetti)

The others had pizza. The conclusion was express pizza in Malsherbes does better pizza.

All in all edable but when you don't get to go out often, it was quite a disapointment. Would say the place in Milly just to the north of the main square by the mini roundabout is much much better and about the same price.

Has the pizza place in chapel L R changed hands as I am sure I saw a express pizza employee going in there last weekend and it seems to have been smartened up?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal