the shizzle > the blog pile

North Wales Bouldering

<< < (154/155) > >>

Luke Owens:

--- Quote from: andy_e on October 16, 2017, 03:45:10 pm ---Ah, I was trying to remember where it was, there used to be a Hark to Towler in Tottington too if I remember correctly.

--- End quote ---

It was the one in Tottington, I played in a Megadeth tribute band for years. Had decent crowd in there for a small pub!

User deactivated:

--- Quote from: r-man on October 17, 2017, 11:29:55 am ---
--- Quote from: JackPal on October 15, 2017, 02:48:38 pm ---
There is rock near Bury. It's not like living in Norwich. Hard stuff too - quite a few 8's within 30min drive. But all gritstone - either quarried or natural. Are you not a fan?

--- End quote ---

I probably just haven't explored enough. Don't mind gritstone at all, just haven't climbed a lot on it, only been climbing outside a couple of years and I've spent a lot of that time at the same place, so the amount of crags I haven't been to is colossal. Must try harder!
--- End quote ---

r-man:
Fair enough. Give me a shout anytime if you want some info, or fancy getting out locally.  :)

fatneck:
http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=861

Strong!

Also, can anyone shed any light on Grapes of Raf? Can't find any reference to it other than a list of recommended problems on an old UKB thread (incidentally some old gold on the thread!)... Ta!

Luke Owens:
Grapes of Raf used to be called The Ramp in the old guide, not sure why it's changed? Forgot to ask Panton when I seen him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version