UKBouldering.com

Newbie now bouldering for 4 months but getting stuck !!! (Read 1469 times)

Andy1982

Hi all, been bouldering indoor for 4 months now and advancing onto blue/black routes but now having trouble reading the routes and knowing how to start as i sometimes get so far if i know where to start but most of the time i get stuck knowing how and where to move next up the wall. Any advice would be hugely appreciated as most people make it look easy :)
 Thanks in advance.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Blue/Black routes?  What rock are you climbing on?  :P

More seriously though, you're likely to get more useful answers by either watching others at the wall (assuming you are referring to indoors) and if someone is doing something that you can't, despite trying to replicate what they're doing, just ask them.  Most people are pretty friendly and will happily share "beta" (information on how to do moves and problems in general) with you.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
What slackers said, nail on head. Dont be afraid to ask, most folks will gladly offer advice.

adam_NE5

• regular
I agree, no big secrets just ask people and see what they say, where are you climbing?

Alot of things come with experience too, remember alot of people at the wall will have been climbing for years over many different disciplines (bouldering, trad, sport) and that makes certain things second nature.

As a general rule though, asking and being taught is alot quicker than trial and error!  ;D

JamesPullan

• Me
I've only just taken up bouldering and found that many websites have contributions from other climbers on specific routes, with topos, descriptions, videos etc.

Simon Brown

• regular
  • Saggy, and a bit loose at the seams.
I've only just taken up bouldering and found that many websites have contributions from other climbers on specific routes, with topos, descriptions, videos etc.

Slack Line got it right. TALK to PEOPLE, real people who you can see climbing well. Watch how skilled climbers, of all sizes, ages, genders move and then try to model the way they use their feet, body positions etcetera. Oh, eat well and do some yoga.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal