UKBouldering.com

Kentmere Campsite (Read 2945 times)

wintermute

• menacing presence
Kentmere Campsite
April 08, 2010, 04:10:42 pm
Heading up to the Lakes this weekend and trying to find somewhere to kip around Kentmere. Google just seems to be throwing up extravagant looking touring parks that look suspiciously like they won't accept tents...
Does anyone have any recommendations of campsites in that area please? Also suggestions of where to get a decent meal in the evenings would be lovely too.
Cheers

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: Kentmere Campsite
April 08, 2010, 10:10:47 pm
Heading up to the Lakes this weekend and trying to find somewhere to kip around Kentmere. Google just seems to be throwing up extravagant looking touring parks that look suspiciously like they won't accept tents...
Does anyone have any recommendations of campsites in that area please? Also suggestions of where to get a decent meal in the evenings would be lovely too.
Cheers

Someone more luurcal than me will probably know better - but Kentmere (the bouldering area) is at the end of a road at the head of a valley. Theres not alot in Kentmere apart from a church 3-4 farms and a few houses. Stavely - about 5 miles away (where the Kentmere road goes from) has pub(s?) a good cafe (Wilfs) and other amenties such as a shops.. Not sure about the campsite shizzle around there. If you're car-less then this may cause some problems.... But Kentmere is a lovely spot - and should be peachy this weekend if the weather holds!

wintermute

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Kentmere Campsite
April 09, 2010, 09:04:59 am
Cheers for that. I will be driving but would rather not drive half an hour past Kentmere this evening just to do the same journey back in the morning if at all avoidable. Looks to be a few places around crook and windermere so will just have to hope we can get in there. Cheers for the knowledge on Stavely, should be able to get everything there by the sounds of it (fingers crossed for a bakery too!)

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Re: Kentmere Campsite
April 09, 2010, 10:09:54 am
I think theres a spar - but Wilfs is in some sort of eco-trendy retail park thing tucked around the back (on the way to Kentmere really) and theres even an artisan bakery... also a huge MTB shop and other bits and bobs. Bit of an odd place really but some good stuff...

wintermute

• menacing presence
#4 Re: Kentmere Campsite
April 12, 2010, 03:37:58 pm
theres even an artisan bakery...

Were i entitled to karma giving priveleges you would definitely be getting wadded for that!
The bread from that place was incredible!

tomtom

• forum hero
#5 Re: Kentmere Campsite
April 12, 2010, 04:08:52 pm
theres even an artisan bakery...

Were i entitled to karma giving priveleges you would definitely be getting wadded for that!
The bread from that place was incredible!

Good - glad the trip worked out - sounds like the weather was good for you  too!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal