the shizzle > the blog pile

STONE COUNTRY

<< < (49/49)

comPiler:
Spring Blocs Scotland
8 May 2017, 12:33 pm

There is that magical transitional  time in Scotland between the green dankness of winter and the dreaded muggy midgeness of summer ... a dry springtime. April 2017 was cool and fairly dry so allowing some pleasant sessions on the blocs and the sudden blazing high that arrived at the start of May turned the highlands into a paradise with a cool north-easterly airflow. Those lucky enough to

Source: Stone Country Press

comPiler:
Dumbarton Rock article in World Archaeology
23 June 2017, 10:19 am

Dumby gets an academic approach in this article published by World Archaeology. This multi-authored article was the result of archaeologists, climbers and heritage professionals examining the meaning of Dumby for those who frequent the place, especially climbers. Abstract The notion of counter-archaeology is echoed by the opposing faces of the volcanic plug of Dumbarton Rock, Scotland. On the

comPiler:
Plato's Cave
18 August 2017, 11:02 am

In his famous 'allegory of the cave', the Greek philosopher Plato pondered the artificiality of reality in imagining how we could be fooled into thinking shadows on the wall (i.e. virtual reality) could be seen as 'real' life. I'm paraphrasing, of course. What has this got to do with climbing? Well, I was pondering this myself recently while sitting on an artificial concrete boulder at the

andy popp:
I'd missed the June post about the archaeology of climbing at Dumby - very cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version