UKBouldering.com

Villalobos & Digweed Liverpool 4th April (Read 2461 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Villalobos & Digweed Liverpool 4th April
February 03, 2010, 11:07:23 pm
Just a headsup rather than text around or whatnot. Pretty self explanatory from post title. See link below for details.

Berliverpool is happening. As an aside, did you know the world's largest brick warehouse is reputed to be the Tobacco Warehouse opposite Awesome Walls where they're now hosting techno. It gets better by the week seeing these immense spaces finally being capitalised upon.

Check it.

BenF

• forum hero
#1 Re: Villalobos & Digweed Liverpool 4th April
February 04, 2010, 07:58:06 am
did you know the world's largest brick warehouse is reputed to be the Tobacco Warehouse opposite Awesome Walls?

Yes.   ;)

Indeed, I understand that the Albert Dock area is one of the largest concentrations of brick buildings in the world.  And Liverpool has more Georgian buildings than any other city in the UK.  Plus, Renshaw's have been making marzipan in Liverpool for well over a century now and are the 3rd largest producer of marzipan in the UK.

Actually I could have made that all up.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#2 Re: Villalobos & Digweed Liverpool 4th April
February 04, 2010, 11:58:45 am
Anyone game for this?
http://www.bandsintown.com/event/3278665
I need to lose some weight!
 :dance1:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#3 Re: Villalobos & Digweed Liverpool 4th April
February 04, 2010, 02:53:46 pm
did you know the world's largest brick warehouse is reputed to be the Tobacco Warehouse opposite Awesome Walls?

Yes.   ;)

Indeed, I understand that the Albert Dock area is one of the largest concentrations of brick buildings in the world.  And Liverpool has more Georgian buildings than any other city in the UK.  Plus, Renshaw's have been making marzipan in Liverpool for well over a century now and are the 3rd largest producer of marzipan in the UK.

Actually I could have made that all up.

:off:

The streets of Barbados are lined with broken red bricks from Cheshire, Merseyside and Lancashire.... Why?  Because they were used as ballast in the holds of empty ships departing Liverpool which were then emptied in Bridgetown and filled with sugar for the return leg.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
I thought cobbles were used also?

Re Digweed, used to like his tunes... Can you get in on the door ?

PS whilst we're being  :off: useless fact number 459: The Albert Dock was built by French prisoners of the Napoleonic Wars.

Monolith

• forum hero
No tickets on the door but still some left. Got mine today. Fuelled to see Chile's biggest straight gay!

meatball

• menacing presence
    • Chuck Norris facts
And Liverpool has more Georgian buildings than any other city in the UK. 

Outside of your native London    :P

Monolith

• forum hero
I'm sorry if this seems extraneous but last night was the best live set I've ever seen bar none. I'm fully used to hearing people bandy DJ names about and say how good they are when actually I think many of them are much of a muchness playing the same Beatport top 200 download chart in different orders. Villalobos is a musician and his musical knowledge is impressive. The whole set was topped off by him playing 14.31 by Global Communication which was the best surprise I could be given seen as it's one of my all time favourite tracks. Not quite sure what lots of the orange women made of it but it was a sublime moment for me.

End of love in.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal