UKBouldering.com

Scandinavia - where to go? (Read 2241 times)

The Sausage

• forum abuser
Scandinavia - where to go?
March 23, 2010, 07:45:03 am
Howdy Y'all,
Me and Vics off somewhere for 2 weeks end of may/beginning of june. Quite interested in Scandinavia.... anybody make any good suggestions? Bouldering mainly, but happy to do some routes if there are any too.

Any info on accomodation etc would also be much appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

nash1

• menacing presence
#1 Re: Scandinavia - where to go?
March 23, 2010, 08:04:00 am
Lad.
Bouldering in Scandinavia.
Stavanger (obviously) and Kjugekull in Sweden would be high on the list. Early June would be ok further north as well as long as you kept to the coast. Lofoten is always worth a trip and the sun us at its highest all night at that time.
Let me know if you want more about Norway.
Dunno much about Finland...

Here's the latest vid showing some of Stavangers class... (posted elsewhere as well)

runt

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Scandinavia - where to go?
March 31, 2010, 11:39:00 pm
Sweden is full of boulders, new stuff being developed all the time. I've had some good sessions around linkoping, and norkoping, plus all over dalarna (county)

For an awesome quick trip how about kjuge, the koping's then hop on the boat from stockholm to aland to finish up.

Top tip don't be shy contacting clubs/local walls for the info on the new areas, you'll probably end up with a super psyched swede as a guide

and take some good deet!

StefanH

#3 Re: Scandinavia - where to go?
April 23, 2010, 10:03:36 am
Sweden is full of boulders, new stuff being developed all the time. I've had some good sessions around linkoping, and norkoping, plus all over dalarna (county)

For an awesome quick trip how about kjuge, the koping's then hop on the boat from stockholm to aland to finish up.

Top tip don't be shy contacting clubs/local walls for the info on the new areas, you'll probably end up with a super psyched swede as a guide

and take some good deet!
I second that opinion, although slightly biased...  Go to Kjuge, Linkoping, Vastervik, Stockholm/Uppsala and on to the ferry to Aland. You will get some nice bouldering, fantastic scenery (especially the Stockholm-Aland part). End of May should not have any mosquitos but could be kind of warm mid day.

For topos of Linkoping (in swedish) check out www.thestickler.se, Vastervik (with the all new FA of "The hourglass sds" proposed at 8B+), www.genvagar.blogspot.com

simonmcg

#4 Re: Scandinavia - where to go?
April 27, 2010, 09:06:30 am
Nash what is the best area around Stavanger I might be visiting relatives with the family in the next few weeks and thought of sneaking off for some bouldering when it all gets too much. I will be in Sandnes which is not far from Dale so thought I might stay local but if you have any better suggestions I would be glad to hear (PS I am not very good so can only do Font 5 or so and will have no mat)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal