UKBouldering.com

SnowPatrol (Read 1000 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
SnowPatrol
January 28, 2004, 09:06:17 am
Through the mysterious means of t'interweb we now can keep in contact with our transpennines chums and so ascertain the snow position on t'other side of t'pennines without having to set off and risk life and limb....

Sheffield this morning looks fine - next to no snow on the ground, tiny bit in the fields but not much, Halifax too has a light smattering but nothing really bad - all major routes clear.

The snake pass however, is closed this morning...

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#1 SnowPatrol
January 28, 2004, 09:09:24 am
M1, A38, A61 is driveable. No snow in Sheffield (not much) Heavy Snow near Matlock (Nr where I live)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#2 SnowPatrol
January 28, 2004, 12:23:57 pm
getting across t'other side is a fucking nightmare, snake bad, winnats bad, stoney and onto a6 nightmare up by sparrowpit, m62 fucking heaving as a result, m60 shite, m56 shite, m67 bad, woodhead open and shut depending on the blizzard
tried to get to liverpool this morn for a job, eventually got to new mills and spent 2.5hrs going 2miles on road to hazel grove before fucking it off as a bad do

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#3 SnowPatrol
January 28, 2004, 08:49:12 pm
Seems like Manchester South is really bad. THe lad who sits opposite me comes from Oldham and says its allright there. I left work at 2 and had to abandon ship in Netherthorpe - which will be the last I see of me motor I suspect, with the walk from there it took me a cool 3 hours to get home from halifax. Housemate 4 took 4.5 hours from huddersfield, housemates 2 & 3 both got turned back from their transpennine activities this morning.

Dunno bout tomorrow (thursday) I may work from home.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal